• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 Football Recruiting

That's brilliant.

Hope the kid finds a place to play. It will be better than UCONN. Storrs is the armpit of Connecticut and now has just the coach they deserve.

Geez. I'm pretty sure that happens a lot. I think Clawson probably did it. Remember that Grobe QB commit who got beat out as a senior? He ended up at EMU.

Lemar Harris. The QB who beat him out is at ECU.

Last edited:
Geez. I'm pretty sure that happens a lot. I think Clawson probably did it. Remember that Grobe QB commit who got beat out as a senior? He ended up at EMU.

Lemar Harris. The QB who beat him out is at ECU.

Edsall had reaffirmed his commitment to the kid, then turned around and dumped him.

Sally Jenkin's column is also on the background of a Maryland fan base that is pretty unhappy with Edsall for what he didn't do in College Park.

Hope the kid finds a place to play. It will be better than UCONN. Storrs is the armpit of Connecticut and now has just the coach they deserve.

Maybe he will attract more offers, but the kid's fallback is FCS Rhode Island at this point. Then again, if he was can't miss, UCONN wouldn't have pulled the offer.

So any word on what is happening this week-end? I figured finalizing the DC spot might cause some commits. Time for some Deac news

So any word on what is happening this week-end? I figured finalizing the DC spot might cause some commits. Time for some Deac news

Just waiting for Demetris Harris, Raheem Layne and Waydale Jones to start their visits tomorrow. Also waiting to see what Ja'Sir Taylor's next move is after his decommitment.

There is some intrigue with Jeffrey Burley as the Ole Miss recruiting websites are reporting that he will be there this weekend. If that info is correct (that's a big if), that would mean that he would be skipping out on his OV to Wake. My guess is that he comes to Wake as planned.

Other than waiting for Ja'Sir, things could be quiet between now and Sunday.

Burley just tweeted that he will be at Wake tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Burley just tweeted that he will be at Wake tomorrow.

Great News!
Hope he knows we want him badly.
This class is turning out to be pretty impressive.

Assuming no decommits, how many guys do we think might commit before signing day?

Really hard to say. At least three more. No more than five. That's my guess.

Staff may have some difficult decisions about carrying scholarships over to 2018. If Sawvel is a great recruiter you'd like to give him some spots to recruit next cycle.

Back