• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 Football Recruiting

He's not Robert Siler but his football video looks pretty damn good. He will be better than # 17 from day one.

You know the difference between me and you? I tell it like it is, you tell it like it might be!

No, you watch a 2 minute video and tout yourself as a talent scout who gets his kicks in degrading a new recruit who just was named Parade AA and averages 37 points per game in basketball. But, of course, you are the expert!

No, you watch a 2 minute video and tout yourself as a talent scout who gets his kicks in degrading a new recruit who just was named Parade AA and averages 37 points per game in basketball. But, of course, you are the expert!

You act like he called the kid garbage. The kid apparently was committed to Harvard and wasn't a big time recruit for either sport, so there was bound to be something holding him back from being a 4-5 star given his stats. Chill out.

You know the difference between me and you? I tell it like it is, you tell it like it might be!

Catch those vapors, Juice!

He's not Robert Siler but his football video looks pretty damn good. He will be better than # 17 from day one.

"17" will have receptions and receiving yards next season, and Surratt will likely have an outstanding redshirt season.

That video explains why a kid putting up those numbers flew under the radar. Even though he isn't an athletic freak, he has great skills (in bball and football). I am looking forward to watching him prove how wrong the doubters and schools who passed him over were.

It would be intriguing to look at him at QB. He has the accuracy gene. He probably ended up at WR because his brother was already a QB. He has the size, smarts, & likely skill set.

That's an intriguing point.

Poor Sage. Is he a multi sport All American, or 2* who was unwanted by anybody but us and Harvard. What I've been saying for years, is that it doesn't matter anymore. He'll never play against 16-17 years olds again. Don't look at any freshman as a savior for the program. Please allow them to start their career without pressure and expectations. Get a good GPA going forward and a girlfriend to type their papers. 3 of the 4 highest rated kids from the '15 class are gone (Claude, Reid, Archibald) and the other (Kearns) can't get off the bench.

Yeah, 60 targets, 20 receptions, 200 yards. Can't wait.

YES! Because that's completely indicative of his entire career. Campanaro had 10 receptions for 107 yards his freshman season. (Might have been targeted just 10 times for all I know)

I promise you Bachman will be on the two-deep in 2017 and Surratt likely won't. And it's the right call. Write him off if you wish, but you're giving up on a guy a bit too fast.

YES! Because that's completely indicative of his entire career. Campanaro had 10 receptions for 107 yards his freshman season. (Might have been targeted just 10 times for all I know)

I promise you Bachman will be on the two-deep in 2017 and Surratt likely won't. And it's the right call. Write him off if you wish, but you're giving up on a guy a bit too fast.

Wasn't he a sophomore last year? I thought he played as a true freshman. He can catch but he seems better suited for a slot receiver because of his size and lack of speed needed to get separation on deep routes.

Yeah. He's a true junior next year.

Yeah. He's a true junior next year.

Well, I certainly botched that! See he played 101 snaps as a true freshman. I think they were mostly on special teams, but obviously I could be wrong there too. My apologies!

Back