• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 Football Recruiting

With Kearns, Newman, Hinton, and now Powell, there should be an interesting competition. Personally, I really like the 2 qb system in college, unless obviously you have one who is exceedingly better. Now we have two pro style guys and two dual threat guys. I've seen enough Wolford for that era to be over.

Kearns and Hinton 2 years ago?

Hinton committed this day 2 years ago. Kearns committed a little over a week before signing day.

Pumped about this! Now let's just hope these OLine recruits of the past couple years pan out. Doesn't matter who your QB is if he doesn't have time to throw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In terms of offers, neither Ben Mauk or Tanner Price are comparable to Taylor Powell from what I can see online. Powell's offer list is incredibly impressive. Ben Mauk had a higher ranking though. I don't know if scouting services have updated rankings since he won the elite 11 and rivals camps but I would be surprised if he doesn't see a jump in rankings because of those.

**In saying Ben Mauk had a higher ranking I mean his national composite and position ranking, Taylor Powell is a .8466 (86 by 247) and Mauk was a .8333 rating out of 100.

Last edited:
247 sports has Powell with Arkansas state, coastal, Dartmouth, FAU, Illinois, Indiana, ULM, Maryland, Memphis, Purdue, San Diego state, Utah state, Vanderbilt, Washington state, Alabama (interest), Arkansas, Wake Forest

247 has Ben Mauk with Bowling Green, Illinois, Kent State, Penn State, Purdue, Stanford

247 has Tanner Price with Columbia, Dartmouth, Harvard, Louisianna Tech, Rice, Stanford, and Tulsa

Great news on Powell! On paper, we should be pretty solid at QB for the next 3-5 years. Just need a burner in the backfield. Hopefully that can be C. Beal. Get some daggum hogs up front and we will win us some ballgames!

This signing seems like a pretty big deal but the response here has been pretty underwhelming. Maybe I am missing something.

This signing seems like a pretty big deal but the response here has been pretty underwhelming. Maybe I am missing something.

It won't mean dick if our OL doesn't get much, much better. There was nothing the spring game to make us think that it will.

Everyone needs to read that article. This kid is hyped about Wake.

I didn't watch his whole video but one of his WRs looked good in the first two minutes.

Back