• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 Football Recruiting

With a potential log jam at defensive end, could a player like Emmanuel Walker play the rover?

Mike Allen reminds me of Julius Peppers, but smarter.

Limit: Sky !

Peppers scored 21 points and grabbed 10 boards in an NCAA tournament game. I'd gladly take him on the Deacs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peppers is a lazy fuck. Takes plays, series, and games off just when he wants.

Chuck Bednarik Award, Bob Willis Trophy, Lombardi Award, led NCAA in sacks in 2000, unanimous All-American, two-time All-ACC, second pick in the NFL draft.

If Mike Allen can accomplish half of that before going on to what should be a Hall of Fame NFL career with nine Pro Bowls, I'll be satisfied.

OL/TE Grant Carrigan committed to Pitt. He was the only remaining recruit that I was confident was still a target.

I could definitely see a scenario where the staff waits for some senior year film before making any new offers.

OL/TE Grant Carrigan committed to Pitt. He was the only remaining recruit that I was confident was still a target.

I could definitely see a scenario where the staff waits for some senior year film before making any new offers.

Makes sense to me

Wake commit Avery Showell had 10 tackles, 4 sacks, a safety and a fumble recovery in his season opener last night. Also contributed a TD on offense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

▪ Davidson Day junior quarterback Sam Hartman has had a rough season so far. He needed thyroid surgery three weeks ago after developing a mass near his throat and having trouble eating. He dropped 21 pounds in two weeks, falling to 149 pounds from 170. Davidson Day coach Chad Grier said Hartman weighed 160 pounds Thursday. Despite that, he threw for 470 yards and two touchdowns in Friday’s loss at 3A public school Asheville Erwin. Howell’s passing yardage was 15th best in Mecklenburg County history. Receiver Nolan Groulx had 270 yards receiving, which ranks sixth in county history.

“(Sam) hadn’t thrown a football in a month until practice this week,” Grier said. “It’s truly remarkable he played at all. He took some big hits and bounced up. He didn’t have the same velocity he normally has, but he was big for us tonight.”

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/high-school/article96857212.html#storylink=cpy

The rest of that article read a lot better than the first sentence that shows up in tapa preview.

Narduzzi is gonna be tough to recruit against and he is gonna make Pitt really good (good for him as I am a fan and wished Wake could have gotten him).

Chances with Jeremiah Owusu?

Tough to tell. Wake made his top 7 today. UVA has been the presumed leader, but it's not 100% clear whether the Hoos or Deacs have room for him. I'd bet money that he'll seriously consider Yale as well, which complicates things even further.

Taylor Powell throws 4 TD passes in roughly one half of playing time tonight.

Back