• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 NBA Draft thread - JC drafted 19th to Atlanta, OUR... Hawks?

justin jackson would probably be my least favorite option for hornets. already 22, can't create his own shot but not an elite shooter either (.339 3pt% for college career), despite age still slight frame, because of this versatile college defender but doubtful he'll be able to guard anything but NBA 3s.

Jackson's advanced age, minimal athleticism, and multi-year collegiate career all but confirms he's bound for Chicago if Charlotte doesn't scoop him up first. If there's one thing GarPax loves to draft, it's dudes who are old and slow.

yeah i'm sure this is right but i'd bet people are more often right when they're confident someone will suck than when they're confident they'll be good because right before the draft a lot of the dudes reach the crescendo of their hype and prospects as a group are generally overrated. i guess every year all the top 10 picks are getting comped to perennial NBA all stars and even late FRPs are getting comped to above average starters.

True, but there was also a lot of hating on picks that turned out to be pretty good, in retrospect. Kristaps is one example. WCS, as well.

Jackson's advanced age, minimal athleticism, and multi-year collegiate career all but confirms he's bound for Chicago if Charlotte doesn't scoop him up first. If there's one thing GarPax loves to draft, it's dudes who are old and slow.

Advanced age of 22...that is batshit crazy! The 19/20 yos have to learn what he already knows and that takes time.

Giles in the Green Room would have almost been sad. They know he's going to be in there a long time and the sad story would be discussed over and over and over. Wise move on his part. Apparently the first decent bball decision he's made....

Advanced age of 22...that is batshit crazy! The 19/20 yos have to learn what he already knows and that takes time.

JC was 19 last season and was a better player in the ACC than Jackson imo.,, even if you go with Jackson it was about even. Now just imagine JC in the ACC as a senior, how much bigger, stronger, more skilled he'd be. He'd put up ridiculous numbers. And he'd still be younger than Jackson is now.

Just noticed JC warming up on the ESPNU combine coverage. Is this a replay or live?

True, but there was also a lot of hating on picks that turned out to be pretty good, in retrospect. Kristaps is one example. WCS, as well.

I nailed the WCS #analysis. Was rather obvious to my expertly trained eye that he was not in fact, too athletic.

Would be kinda sweet if this year was a weak draft and JC was a top-5 guy.

Not a draft topic, but the Hornets just Plumleed the Hawks.

"Plumleed" ... I love it.

Not a draft topic, but the Hornets just Plumleed the Hawks.

I don't care if Dwight Howard is awful, I just love that we have turned "Plumleed" into a verb meaning forced another team to take the awful contract of a lousy player that we were somehow tricked into taking.

Hornets should take Mitchell or Kennard, but it would be awesome to see JC play for Charlotte

Except some of the 19/20 year olds are are already as good as he is if not better. Jackson will be an average bench dude for a few years but that's it. His defense/length is going to be his best skill if he grasps on to being a good wing defender. He really impressed me with that side of his game last year.

His ceiling is Danny Green.

No way can he shoot like Danny Green, I think a destitute man's Jeff Green would be a more apt color comparison.

For some reason the name that comes to mind for Justin Jackson is Adam Morrison. Lanky 6'8 guy with a pretty decent wingspan (6'11 for Jackson vs. 6'10 for Morrison) who scored a ton of points on a really good college team but who just doesn't seem athletic or explosive enough to be able to do anything against NBA wings.

#Wojbomb Johnny Collins dunking exhibition, wish I knew how to post tweets

Same DX video that's been posted before.

Back