• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-2019 NHL Thread – Thunderstorm Warning

The Enigma plays for the Habs now. Montreal is just torching the league, too.

Looks like Down Goes Brown will be writing for ESPN, at least for now, with the mysterious disappearance of Grantland.

Arguing for the first-timers on the 2016 Hall of Fame ballot

Top 10 worst draft-lottery losses

No. 9: 2000

Last-place team: Atlanta Thrashers

Lottery-winning team: New York Islanders

First overall pick: Rick DiPietro

How much did it hurt?: A ton for the Islanders. It's not often that you can use the phrases "disastrous lottery win," but such was the Mike Milbury era. The Isles jumped from fifth to first and did a jig about it, then used the top pick on DiPietro. It's fair to say it didn't work out. Not only did DiPietro eventually get one of the worst contracts (and later one of the most expensive buyouts) in NHL history, but the Islanders made room for him by trading a young Roberto Luongo to Florida.

STARS WIN!!

This team is so much more mentally tough than last year. There were multiple situations tonight that they would have fallen apart last year.

This is the Rangers year

They'll tweak ever so slightly at the trade deadline and roll

Great news everyone, my work is no longer blocking Sportsnet!

So here is this week's 30 Thoughts: Try bigger nets in the All-Star Game.

(Oh lord, more scoring in the All Star Game?)

Apparently I'm not the only one who doesn't like Tom Wilson:

14. The NHL’s Player Safety Department met with several repeat offenders in an attempt to reign them in. One was Zac Rinaldo, who escaped suspension a week earlier for hitting Sean Couturier, much to the department’s chagrin. While in Arizona during camp, Chris Pronger spoke with Steve Downie and John Scott. New Jersey’s Jordin Tootoo was offered the opportunity after being fined for a dangerous trip. Now on the radar? Washington’s Tom Wilson. Several teams have complained about his hits. As of yet, no meeting. But it’s been requested.

Calling more penalties won't fix NHL's scoring issue

He's got the temper of Marchand, but the body of an enforcer. I would absolutely hate him if he wasn't on my team, but I am glad him and Latta can fuck someone up if necessary (and pose ridiculously for the camera; below).

Wilson makes tons of questionable hits, most recently a blatant charge Nick Schultz last week. He has a long history of spearing, roughing, and dropping the gloves, and I think the only thing that will stop him is suspension, benching, or growing the hell up/coaching (he does have actual hockey talent that gets overshadowed by his Bash Brothers routine).

In related news: The Islanders Fan Who Made a ‘Wilson Sucks’ Sign During the Playoffs Had a Change of Heart

CapsCanineCalendar_74-607x386.jpg

Numbers 2, 3, and 4 in scoring are coming for your guys tonight Siff. Go Stars.

You cant make this stuff up, Tim Gleason practicing with the canes on a PTO because why the hell not?

Back