• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-2019 NHL Thread – Thunderstorm Warning

Even better, the press conference was at 11:30. Hmm, I wonder if anything else sports related was going on at that moment.

brent-burns-goals.jpg

5557d776f659657dea0b5c9346034451.jpg

'Canes are the Wake basketball of the NHL. if you're better than us, we lose. If we're equal to or better than you, we win.

Though TBF at least Wake doesn't get completely bullied by the big boys. Kinda discouraging to root for them to make the playoffs if this is what's gonna happen if they get there

The Caps are playing out of their fucking minds. In their last 20, they're 17-2-1.

They've won 10 straight at home (with 5 shutouts), and scored 5+ in the last 9 :eek:

Looks like we can add more regular season trophies to the case :slash:

Mike Ilitch died earlier today. I don't know if it can be overstated how much he has done for Detroit sports over the years, and by all accounts was a very classy and caring person. It is just a shame that the Red Wings are now in the same spot as when he purchased the team - last place.

A big congratulations to Henrik Lundqvist on reaching 400 wins, doing so faster than any other goalie in NHL history #LEGEND

Mike Ilitch died earlier today. I don't know if it can be overstated how much he has done for Detroit sports over the years, and by all accounts was a very classy and caring person. It is just a shame that the Red Wings are now in the same spot as when he purchased the team - last place.

It looks like Detroit's postseason streak is toast.

It looks like Detroit's postseason streak is toast.

It is crazy, since they are in last but still only 7 points out. They just don't have enough scorers to make any sustained run and obviously won't be able to pass 8 other teams in the standings, regardless of how few points are actually between them. Unfortunately, between Arizona and Colorado falling off a cliff and Vegas coming in, the worst season in Detroit since the 80s still only gives them about a 7% chance at the number one pick in the draft.

Pretty ironic since Julien himself got axed by the Devils in a similar situation 10 years back

Every year. Start off terrible and get into a big hole. Make a run around midseason to get into playoff contention. Late season tank.

And yet we always wind up with the #8 pick.

Thankfully there's no terrible team in the East this year, so if we do decide to full-on tank we just might get rewarded for it

Every year. Start off terrible and get into a big hole. Make a run around midseason to get into playoff contention. Late season tank.

They burn out climbing out of the hole they dig every season. The Hurricanes have got to find a way around spending the first two weeks of the season on the road. I don't know if the city has to get involved or what, but the Canes need a home game before the last week of October.

Back