• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-2019 NHL Thread – Thunderstorm Warning

3-16-17 Playoff projection (home ice listed first) - less than a month left!

Washington
Tampa Bay/Toronto/New York Islanders

Columbus
Pittsburgh
-
Montreal
New York Rangers

Ottawa
Boston
--
Minnesota
Nashville

Chicago
St. Louis
-
San Jose
Calgary

Edmonton
Anaheim

In the East, we have a close race for the final spot - so that's exciting, at least. The Top 7 might change positions, but should all make the playoffs at this point. The West's Top 8 is looking even more solid, but there will be jockeying for positioning down the stretch.

A great read for anyone who misses "the old days" of hockey, or just wants to see some great gifs. There Will Be Blood

My favorite part is that as they are scraping up the puddles of blood by the Red Wings bench, they announce that the only fighting penalties were on Roy and Vernon. Everyone else had roughing minors (4 minutes for McCarty).

Last edited:
It's kind of ridiculous that the 2nd and 3rd best regular season Eastern Conference teams will play in the first round, with the winner likely playing the best Eastern Conference team.

The Blueshirts are in a very good position...on paper.

That Henrik lundqvist injury came at a horrible time. I think the Blueshirts will weather the storm though. A Rangers-Habs playoff series would be very entertaining.

He's right, of course. I don't like it, but if the NHL does not officially include the Olympics, then no owner should let his players go. I think he added in the Team Canada bit to win a few points with the fans, but there is no incentive and plenty of downside for owners to let players go.

He's right, of course. I don't like it, but if the NHL does not officially include the Olympics, then no owner should let his players go. I think he added in the Team Canada bit to win a few points with the fans, but there is no incentive and plenty of downside for owners to let players go.

I think this is one of those things that owners should know not to say out loud. It sounds like he thinks he owns his players.

Contrast it with Leonsis saying that he supports Ovechkin going to the Olympics. I'm sure he would prefer he didn't, but he is treating his star player like a human being. (Publicly, at least.)

Might've been time to start getting mildly excited about the Canes' playoff prospects held they finished the deal against the Flyers last night.

But of course, they did not

Yep. 50 seconds to go in the game for a 2-0 points vs Phily. Then falls apart to go 1-2.

Just saw how Philly tied it up too. As soon as the 'canes kill off a PP, Konecny desperately throws it at the front of the net as he goes behind it, puck goes off defender's skate, then Cam's, then in.

So 'canes

The Kid scored an insane one-handed goal last night. He's starting to run away with the goals.

Impressive.

Especially considering they'll likely have road ice the entirety of their playoff run.

So if the Canes can get 4 points in these next two against Detroit at home, they are going to be right in the playoff hunt for that final spot going into the final 7 games. At worst that would put them one point back with equivalent games left at 75 games.

So if the Canes can get 4 points in these next two against Detroit at home, they are going to be right in the playoff hunt for that final spot going into the final 7 games. At worst that would put them one point back with equivalent games left at 75 games.

Shhhhh

Thoughts with Eddie Lack, who went down under a heavy collision on Detroit's OT winner tonight. Looked like he got knocked out and they took all the appropriate precautions in safely moving him. Gave a thumbs up on the way off the ice.

That might've been the toughest hockey game I've watched. Class act from the Wings. Get well soon, Eddie.

You could hear a pin drop in that building when people realized how badly Eddie was hurt. It was unnerving. I do appreciate the Wings players and staff. Their fans are fucking gutter trash, though. Appalling, awful human beings.

You could hear a pin drop in that building when people realized how badly Eddie was hurt. It was unnerving. I do appreciate the Wings players and staff. Their fans are fucking gutter trash, though. Appalling, awful human beings.

Thanks for the broad generalizations there. Anything in particular in this instance that makes you say that? Otherwise, I'm sure you could say that about any fan base if you single out one or two people and then paint with a wide brush.

In any case, I hope that all of that was precautionary and that Lack will be back soon.

Back