• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-2019 NHL Thread – Thunderstorm Warning

If the NHL goes to SK maybe we'll get a game or two at home beforehand!

NHL has officially announced they are not going to the Olympics.

Oh man, I'm interested to see the reaction from the players.

Russia is probably excited.

Other than a complete dumpster fire/brain fart in Arizona, Caps with a pretty good road trip. Beat up Toronto to finish a 5-game roadie 4-1. Like the way we're playing at the end of the regular season.

The Bruins have returned to the SCP. They're vying for position with Ottawa and Toronto in the final games this week. Someone is going to be stuck with road-ice in the Metro gauntlet.

Boston 94 points (42 ROW) +25 (vs. Ottawa, vs. Washington)
Ottawa 94 points (37 ROW) -3 (@ Boston, vs. NYR, @ NYI)
Toronto 93 points (38 ROW) +11 (vs. Tampa Bay, vs. Pittsburgh, vs. Columbus)

The West teams are all set (so anti-climactic), but there is still room for jockeying, particularly in the Pacific and with the Wild Cards.

Caps just need 1 point to clinch the East?

Columbus is struggling down the stretch.

Columbus is struggling down the stretch.

The Jackets' forwards need to figure out how to finish around the net. It also doesn't help that Ovechkin knocked out one of our top two defenseman with a dirty hit the other night. And the injury bug is biting at exactly the wrong time.

Torts gon get swept

The Jackets will not be swept by the Pens. If the Jackets lose, it won't be in fewer than 6 games. Bob is still Bob and he can possibly steal two games by himself. Also, the forwards will eventually remember how to score goals.

A collection of quotes from players about the Olympics:

Sweden is winning the 2018 Olympic men’s hockey tournament … of quotes

Alexander Ovechkin, Washington Capitals: Speaking to reporters at Air Canada Centre on Tuesday, the 31-year-old forward maintained his long-held position about the Olympics — that he would go with or without the NHL’s blessing. “Somebody going to tell me don’t go, I don’t care,” he said. “I just go.”

Watch the Caps magically get their bye week during the Olympics

Maybe. Not finishing 4th in the Atlantic would demonstrably help that cause

Looking like Sharks-Oilers might be one of the more compelling first-round series.

Granted they all should be pretty good, except for Bruins-Sens.

Lotta matchups between teams that made the playoffs last year and teams that didn't. That tends to favor the team with the experience, but we shall see.

Caps gonna lay down tomorrow so they don't play Boston?

Guess not. Boston (or maybe the Caps?) may soon regret that result

Back