• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-2019 NHL Thread – Thunderstorm Warning

Guess not. Boston (or maybe the Caps?) may soon regret that result

I don't think Washington or their fans care. Just win.

I am hoping for an Ontario battle, which will happen if Toronto grabs one point against the BJs tonight.

We could also get an Alberta battle if the Oilers win over Vancouver and the Ducks lose in regulation to the Kings.

Bryan Bickell getting a shootout chance and scoring in his final game was pretty great.

There's a serious lack of opening round rivalries. At least the West has kept everything intra-division, but the possible matchups, even up to the last day, had a chance of being so much better.

However, it's the SCP - the most exciting time of year! Is it Wednesday yet?

Capitals called up career minor leaguer to play last night. They were resting a bunch of their regulars. He got to take the opening face off of the game.

Capitals called up career minor leaguer to play last night. They were resting a bunch of their regulars. He got to take the opening face off of the game.

Should be noted he got to take the opening face off because Nicky went to take it and told the ref to kick him out of the face-off so Mitchell could take it, and he did.

Got my tix to see Game 2 on Saturday. Let's Go Caps!

And he got the ice all to himself for a bit!

There's a serious lack of opening round rivalries. At least the West has kept everything intra-division, but the possible matchups, even up to the last day, had a chance of being so much better.

However, it's the SCP - the most exciting time of year! Is it Wednesday yet?

not sure i agree with the lack of rivalries, if anything pittsburgh vs columbus should give us plenty of hate, just think the rivalries are more in the developing stage! we missed the jackpot on a couple matchups though. i will say all 8 have good story lines though:

1. nashville / chicago - preds want payback for blowing it last year in game 7, and have the chip on their shoulder for being the centrals little brother. chicago just keeps reloading
2. st louis / minnesota - all stories must revolve around mike yeo on this one right? plus blues ticked off for losing 2 years ago
3. calgary / anaheim - i dont think the flames have won a game in a anaheim in a number of years. plus tkachuk is bound to get a major penalty in the first 2 games
4. edmonton / san jose - drink your coffee as youll want to stay awake and watch mcdavid

1. canadians / rangers - hall of fame goalie matchup please
2. senators / bruins - ok i got nothing on this one, this series if your lack of anything intriguing which means itll go 7 games
3. maple leafs / capitals - presidents trophy vs the powers that be in toronto and league home cooking.
4. penguins / blue jackets - dubinsky vs crosby, enough said.

either way best time of the year, and dont care who you are, much more fun when canadian teams are in and we have FIVE in, up from zero last year

Dominant first by CBJ and second by OTT against their more esteemed opponents. But the Sens got the goal and the Jackets did not

3-0 Penguins. I saw the shots and wondered if it meant anything. I guess it did mean Columbus was playing well.

Yeah they were dominating pretty big style territorialy. But goals are kinda a big deal

Back