• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers - New Season New Thread for 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cam doesn't look really any different than peak Cam.

Thanks, Panthers

Cam doesn't look really any different than peak Cam.

Thanks, Panthers

You're welcome. All Cam needed was to get healthy and have a competent coaching staff and front office willing to protect him.

We suck. Teddy B is inaccurate. Defense is not good.

We need a top flight LB, a real #1 WR, and an above average QB.

We will improve, but everyone else will too.

a brand new coach to the NFL coaching in his first game , has a crucial 4th down call late in the game and goes with fullback up the middle which then gets stuffed. I don't know, man.

a brand new coach to the NFL coaching in his first game , has a crucial 4th down call late in the game and goes with fullback up the middle which then gets stuffed. I don't know, man.

Yes was gonna say glad we upgraded at coach

I’ll take a weekend where we lose but aren’t embarrassed and the Jags and zombie Redskins both win.

I don't have much of a problem with FB up the middle. But I like a good old fashioned QB sneak all day. Mad we didn't have Cam to do it.

Didn't get to watch the game, just RedZone. How did individual players look? Did Brown or any of the rookies do anything? Obviously the D struggled.

Glad we lost, although I wasn’t watching and don’t really plan to this season

Tank for Trevor

Cam and RIVERIA 1-0 RHULE AND BRIDGEWATER 0-1 GREAT DECISIONS FRONT OFFICE

i look forward to this guy's continuing contributions to the boards

the 4th down call was dumb. so was running 5 times in a row. we had been moving up and down the field with ease even with bridgewater not having a great game. hopefully rhule/brady learn from that mistake. ron made some similar dumb decisions early as a HC and improved.

we have little continuity on either said of the ball from last year, entirely new coaching staff and no preseason so offense should put up some points this year and defense needs to improve from what looks like one of the worst in the league. it's filled with young guys so hopefully they will. having a good offense and a god awful defense is an enternaining way to watch a total rebuild at least.

I think our front 4 is solid against the run but bad at getting pressure. Our LBs and DBs suck. We won’t be stopping anyone.

Offensively, I think Bridgewater is perfectly serviceable. He wasn’t the issue. Moore and Samuel are role players and nothing more. They aren’t carrying a WR corps, but would thrive as the 2nd and 3rd options. Anderson was a pleasant surprise but he can’t be the #1 on a good team. CMC is the best RB in football, and Rhule should lose sleep for not giving it to him with the game on the line. I can’t explain it if you didn’t see the drive as it was happening. But when I played o line in high school, our coach told us he was happy with 3 yards a play. He’d trust us on 4th down. This drive had that feel. Everyone knew CMC could carry the team. And then we took it out of his hands. Panther nation would be calling for Rons head if it wasn’t a new guy. Incredibly stupid.

I think our front 4 is solid against the run but bad at getting pressure. Our LBs and DBs suck. We won’t be stopping anyone.

Offensively, I think Bridgewater is perfectly serviceable. He wasn’t the issue. Moore and Samuel are role players and nothing more. They aren’t carrying a WR corps, but would thrive as the 2nd and 3rd options. Anderson was a pleasant surprise but he can’t be the #1 on a good team. CMC is the best RB in football, and Rhule should lose sleep for not giving it to him with the game on the line. I can’t explain it if you didn’t see the drive as it was happening. But when I played o line in high school, our coach told us he was happy with 3 yards a play. He’d trust us on 4th down. This drive had that feel. Everyone knew CMC could carry the team. And then we took it out of his hands. Panther nation would be calling for Rons head if it wasn’t a new guy. Incredibly stupid.

we either gotta tank or not. if we end up 6-10 with the 10th pick, then what? we draft chase brice?

the 4th down call was dumb. so was running 5 times in a row. we had been moving up and down the field with ease even with bridgewater not having a great game. hopefully rhule/brady learn from that mistake. ron made some similar dumb decisions early as a HC and improved.

we have little continuity on either said of the ball from last year, entirely new coaching staff and no preseason so offense should put up some points this year and defense needs to improve from what looks like one of the worst in the league. it's filled with young guys so hopefully they will. having a good offense and a god awful defense is an enternaining way to watch a total rebuild at least.

I don't have a problem with the consecutive runs. I think the idea was to make sure the clock was moving and the touchdown would win it with little time on the clock.

Had the Panthers just kept it in the air and scored quickly, they likely still lose.

i agree with most of this, but that bolded line? I thought they looked TURRIBLE against the run. Jacobs gashed them all over.

i agree with most of this, but that bolded line? I thought they looked TURRIBLE against the run. Jacobs gashed them all over.

Yeah our rush D was not short of turrible. I was amazed how many times the RB would get through the line and literally running in a big open hole with no LB nearby when you knew Luke would be coming in to take out the RB. The loss of Luke is so huge and going to make for a long year. Honestly I think the loss of Luke is multiple times bigger than loss of Cam. Teddy showed he can move the O but our inability to slow down Raiders was glaring. They were starting to look like a Tecmo bowl offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back