• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Fitness / Weight-Loss Accountability Thread - BACK FOR 2024!

Yes and no. I don't think being 300lbs and 10% body fat is healthy for long term.

I've known a fit, muscular person who was told by his doctor to drop weight because of the toll his heart.
There aren't many Ronnie Colemans walking around. If you are 300LB, you are almost certainly >30% body fat.

I get the body composition argument, and i know that body weight can fluctuate for so many reasons, but I’m like Ph. The scale is at least observable and measurable.
If I'm where I need to be, I won't weigh what I weigh now.

5k with the family tomorrow morning.

My wife just turned 40, so she's going all out to try to win her 40-49 age group.

I, on the other hand, hate running and will be yogging with my 9yo and 7yo daughters.

9yo trying to break 30min; 7yo trying to run the whole thing.

4 miles Sunday sucked. I hate running but it is really beneficial. Legs and abs this morning. Arms and chest tomorrow, then shutting it down Wednesday and Thursday for the relay race this Saturday. Weather in Asheville looking shitty.

5k with the family tomorrow morning.

My wife just turned 40, so she's going all out to try to win her 40-49 age group.

I, on the other hand, hate running and will be yogging with my 9yo and 7yo daughters.

9yo trying to break 30min; 7yo trying to run the whole thing.

How did it go?

I caught some sort of stomach bug. Friday's run was aborted 1.9 mi in. I lifted fine on Saturday. Got through 3 mi in a run yesterday before I walked home. Just exhausted.

Figured I'd give myself a break today and just recover.

I didn't have any real symptoms other than feeling bloated, not hungry and discomfort at night. Wife got real symptoms yesterday which makes me think it was a bug. :(

At least I didn't WCD.

I caught some sort of stomach bug. Friday's run was aborted 1.9 mi in. I lifted fine on Saturday. Got through 3 mi in a run yesterday before I walked home. Just exhausted.

Figured I'd give myself a break today and just recover.

I didn't have any real symptoms other than feeling bloated, not hungry and discomfort at night. Wife got real symptoms yesterday which makes me think it was a bug. :(

At least I didn't WCD.

This has been a difficult winter to stay healthy. I assume I’ll finally start feeling 100% just as the pollen death begins to set in

Accountability fam, i completed my CPAT practice test, but was a minute + over the time needed to pass. And my real exam is this Sunday. I don’t know that i can shave a minute off my time in one week, but seeking any advice that i can do this week to give me any type of advantage.

Accountability fam, i completed my CPAT practice test, but was a minute + over the time needed to pass. And my real exam is this Sunday. I don’t know that i can shave a minute off my time in one week, but seeking any advice that i can do this week to give me any type of advantage.
What exactly does it consist of?

Load up on carbs...maybe? I honestly don't know but I am here to say good luck.

Ok, so you wear 50 lb vest whole time.
1) 3m 20 secs on stair climb machine with additional 25 lbs.
2) hose drag
3) equipment carry
4) ladder raise
5) you hit a target with sledgehammer until buzzer goes off
6) dummy drag
7) crawl through pitch black tunnel with obstacles inside
8) hardest one to describe but you are using a pole to push up and pull down on a ceiling contraption.

2) hose drag
3) equipment carry
4) ladder raise
6) dummy drag
8) hardest one to describe but you are using a pole to push up and pull down on a ceiling contraption.
Have you ever taken preworkout? Are you in good heart health? If no and yes, try a dry run with some preworkout and see how it affects it.

2) hose drag
3) equipment carry
4) ladder raise
6) dummy drag
Wow, what is the time limit?

Back