• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Fitness / Weight-Loss Accountability Thread - BACK FOR 2024!

Good post from Layne Norton about training to failure vs. 1-2 reps shy of failure.

Picked up some creatine. Gonna start it on Sunday per DeacsATS suggestions on the CT last week.

Also, down another ~5 lbs since my last weigh in with CoreLife. I'm down 65 total since June 5th of last year.

I’ve logged over 7,000 minutes of workouts this year, just over 59 minutes a day. My ambitious goal for the year was to get 18,000 minutes this year so I’m well ahead of that pace. Now I’m aiming for an hour a day average or just under 22,000. That may be tough with a lot of trips coming up but I’m excited about the gains.

Yoga's good for both of those areas, but you can also throw plank variations into your workout.

Good push day yesterday, leg day today.

Never done yoga, but considering it/working up courage to go to first class.
if you're sweating doing it in person as a novice, you could do it on YouTube for a bit

that's how I got going before joining a studio

i'm back to app-based yoga after my favorite instructors left or moved their schedule around

Are the Creatine gummies a ripoff? For someone looking to start, any particular brands i should try?

How often do you use it? Daily? With weight training?

How often do you use it? Daily? With weight training?
Yeah, I take it daily. Did the loading phase and then felt like I gained some water weight, but that went away and honestly I feel like I've got the best mass/definition split of my life and I just turned 43. It has really been a gamechanger.

what actually is creatine? what does it do?

(I will not google, thanks for asking)

Yeah, I take it daily. Did the loading phase and then felt like I gained some water weight, but that went away and honestly I feel like I've got the best mass/definition split of my life and I just turned 43. It has really been a gamechanger.

And you’re still doing well in terms of athletic performance?

I’m almost 6 months into a body transformation at 48 and I’m trying to lock in these gains.

And you’re still doing well in terms of athletic performance?

I’m almost 6 months into a body transformation at 48 and I’m trying to lock in these gains.
Yeah, I've seen an uptick in strength from it.

Yeah, I've seen an uptick in strength from it.

Does it impact your overall mobility? I’m trying to get more in volleyball shape so jumping and lateral movement are my goals.

Back