• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Fitness / Weight-Loss Accountability Thread - BACK FOR 2024!

Ph worried about becoming so musclebound he won't be able to play rec volleyball. If your program is building muscles in your legs, creatine should help with that too.

Ph worried about becoming so musclebound he won't be able to play rec volleyball. If your program is building muscles in your legs, creatine should help with that too.

Trying to do tournaments this summer.

You're not going to get bulky enough to limit your mobility. It's really, really, really hard to get bulky enough to limit your mobility, honestly.

I'm not worried about bulk. I'm worried more about sluggishness.

Pro tip; don’t take creatine and then get on a bus ride to Greenville, NC, for a football game on a Saturday afternoon in early September.

I think I've posted this 100x now. Creatine works. It gives you a little strength boost and (for me, at least) improved body composition. But the impact is quite modest. If you aren't lifting/exercising, you won't notice a thing.

As mako said, there is a water weight gain (that may come with a bloated sensation) that lasts a week or two (or three), but doesn't seem to stick around if you continue to take it.

For example, I weigh around 205. When I started taking it again last year, I got up to like 212. Now I am around 207 and I look better and I am stronger.

Just buy normal, flavorless creatine powder and drink it daily with some water. They recommend 5g. Since I'm over 200lbs, I probably take more like 7-8g/day (a heaping scoop instead of a scoop).

None of it is rocket science. Nor is it a cure-all. But if you exercise regularly, it seems like a no brainer to me.

Last edited:
I'm sold. I'm exercising everyday now, so it makes sense.

I think I've posted this 100x now. Creatine works. It gives you a little strength boost and (for me, at least) improved body composition. But the impact is quite modest. If you aren't lifting/exercising, you won't notice a thing.

Ask mako said, there is a water weight gain (that may come with a bloated sensation) that lasts a week or two (or three), but doesn't seem to stick around if you continue to take it.

For example, I weigh around 205. When I started taking it again last year, I got up to like 212. Now I am around 207 and I look better and I am stronger.

Just buy normal, flavorless creatine powder and drink it daily with some water. They recommend 5g. Since I'm over 200lbs, I probably take more like 7-8g/day (a heaping scoop instead of a scoop).

None of it is rocket science. Nor is it a cure-all. But if you exercise regularly, it seems like a no brainer to me.
but what actually is it??

but what actually is it??
1*z8OnJusfEkkiOyGVdV_Huw.png

i just want a lifting routine that is like three big-muscle lifts per session, twice a week

i just don't like lifting and i'll leave gainz on the table for something short and sweet that i'm more likely to stick with

Back