• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023-24 NCAA Women's Basketball Thread

I like Caitlyn Clark bc she is fun to watch (although I hope she goes 0-100 tomorrow). I don't like Angel Reese because she is an asshole. I love the Gamecocks and Dawn Staley because a)they are the hometown team for me and b) they do everything the right way - no egos, no divas, sacrifice for the betterment of the team and I just totally respect Dawn Staley in how she conducts her business- honestly feel like she is one of the best coaches in any sport.

Also, I understand how current WNBA players might be jealous of Clark, but a rising tide lifts all boats and women's basketball is on a rocket trajectory in America right now and Clark is a big part of that.

nobody is really questioning if it’s a foul — they’re questioning the timing of the call

it’d be like calling a lane violation late in the game
Not really. The illegal screen provided a clear advantage to UConn. A lane violation probably wouldn't have the same impact, but if it did, then it should be called, no matter the timing.

Yeah, jealous.

Taurasi averaged 15 ppg and 4.5 apg over her career. Clark has averaged 28 and 8 over her career on worse teams against better players. So yeah, it's the old guard being upset that newer players are better and more famous than them.

Feels weird and contrarian to not like/respect Clark. Clark haters on social media are like a combination of alt-right losers who think women shouldn't play sports and jealous mega liberal lesbians. Weird to say you like Juju better so therefore you are a "hater" of Clark. Not a binary choice.
It is one thing for players to have success at UConn. They are the gold standard of women's basketball. They have been at the highest level for a long long time. But what Clark has done at Iowa has taken them to that level. She has benefitted from the timing. There is more attention being paid to women's basketball now than there was when UConn was beginning its rise to prominence.

And Clark is the all-time leading scorer for college basketball- men and women. Win or lose tomorrow, she is one of the all-time greats.

Clark also plays the dominant style of basketball right now. So that helps her become more popular as opposed to a Liz Kitley who has been very successful over the same time period.

I like Caitlyn Clark bc she is fun to watch (although I hope she goes 0-100 tomorrow). I don't like Angel Reese because she is an asshole. I love the Gamecocks and Dawn Staley because a)they are the hometown team for me and b) they do everything the right way - no egos, no divas, sacrifice for the betterment of the team and I just totally respect Dawn Staley in how she conducts her business- honestly feel like she is one of the best coaches in any sport.
I probably shouldn’t even ask this, but how is Angel Reese an “asshole?”

As for Clark, I'm struggling to think of another hoops player who reminds me more of Pete Maravich than her. She's every bit the showman he was. And I like Iowa's coach, who puts up with her. If Clark played for UConn, Geno would bench her every time she shot from the logo. (And Geno, stop whining and show your players how to set legal screens.) And I completely agree about Staley and am rooting for USC today because of her. In addition to what you said, I also really appreciate how she has handled the skirmishes with Geno and Mulkey over the last couple years. She is so much classier than those 2 asshats.

This will be a great game. By far the most dominant team vs by far the most dominant player. If Cardoso and Clark both didn't play today, SC probably wins by 30.

Last edited:
Iowa just too small to get back into this. They can’t rebound.

Back