• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023-24 NCAA Women's Basketball Thread

Hot, possibly unsurprising take: I love the LSU coaches. Their whole team is good for Women’s college basketball and they know it.

Kim Mulkey is all about Kim - classic diva and IMO bad for the sport. Give me Dawn Staley and her coaching style instead.
I mean can she be over the top a little bit, sure. However, I think she's a really good coach and I don't have a big problem with her. I don't pull for her teams, but I respect her. She was a bulldog of a player too. However, I completely agree on Dawn Staley. She is pretty chill, until it's time not to be chill and I think that makes those moments a lot more effective. SC definitely had a different intensity after halftime, I imagine Dawn peeled some paint off during intermission. She was also a bulldog of a player too.

I imagine both Mulky and Stalely are tough to play for and...you would hear about your faults plenty from both. But when practice is over, you can see how the players gravitate to Staley and want to be around her. I'm not sure the LSU players want to be around Mulky in their free time. Both are immensely successful though so its hard to argue with either's approach. If I had a daughter who was an elite basketball player ..give me Staley every time and twice on sunday.

I mean can she be over the top a little bit, sure. However, I think she's a really good coach and I don't have a big problem with her. I don't pull for her teams, but I respect her. She was a bulldog of a player too. However, I completely agree on Dawn Staley. She is pretty chill, until it's time not to be chill and I think that makes those moments a lot more effective. SC definitely had a different intensity after halftime, I imagine Dawn peeled some paint off during intermission. She was also a bulldog of a player too.

and I don’t believe many returned from last years lady SC team. But like a lot of great football teams over the years, the subs play so much in blowouts they are ready to step up when folks graduate.

and I don’t believe many returned from last years lady SC team. But like a lot of great football teams over the years, the subs play so much in blowouts they are ready to step up when folks graduate.
I think SC's 2nd team could be a top 10 team honestly. Milaysia Fulwiley, Ashlyn Wadkins, Tessa Johnson, Sania Fagan and Sahnya Jah, that would be an Elite 8 squad I think. Very talented and very deep, if they can stay focused, it will be extremely hard for someone to beat them.

Last edited:
Liz Kitley will miss the NCAA Tournament due to her ACL injury in the last game of the regular season. She's one of the most decorated players in ACC women's basketball history with three POY awards. At least they learned from the Jordan Travis disaster to not announce until after the postseason schedule is settled. Bad luck for the ACC to lose the women's hoops POY and football OPOY for teams that had a legitimate chance to win it all.

Wake grad transfer Olivia Summiel will probably continue to start in her place.

VT officially on upset alert tomorrow against 26-6 Marshall (who WF beat this year)

Georgetown removed the "interim " tag from Coach Darnell Haney. He took over as head coach of the Women's basketball team after Head Coach Tasha Butts died from.cancer in October. Georgetown is playing in the Women's NIT. They had their best season on over a decade.

#6 Louisville down 6 to MTSU with 2:16 left.

Louisville lost and Duke is down in the 3rd to Richmond. Could be an ugly first round for the ACC. UNC beat MSU but they have SC coming up next.

Last edited:
Probably will just confirm what people already know.

Jewel Spear just got a little Facetime on ESPN. "Moments from now Jewel Spear and Tennessee taking on Green Bay in the 11/6 game".

Happy for her and would love to see her win a few games

Well she really did a great job of convincing everyone they don’t need to read it when it comes out.

UNC is getting absolutely taken apart and humiliated right now by South Carolina. It’s unbelievable.

Back