• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023-24 Wake Forest Basketball Season - 21-14 (11-9) - KP#29 / NET#43

Oof, Bobi’s write-up is not the most complimentary

I’ve seen Sallis at 25 on a CBS big board recently, can’t remember which writer but it was last week.

I saw him as a mid 2nd record pick last week. Hope he sticks around. Our early entry guys have not faired so well recently.

Amazing that CBS has us next 4 out with last 4 in all having lower NET ratings. I know we need to just keep winning but that seems ridiculous.

4?

Florida could become one, but our game at UVA will likely either turn our home win into a Q1 if they beat us or move them further away from the top 30 and ensure it remains a Q2 if we beat them.
Unless we beat them by 3 or less. It’s a perfectly sensible system.

With absolutely zero research, I’m calling a Boopie Miller meets the moment game.

Key to beating Duke is off the bounce. That means Boopie, Cam, and Sallis will have to handle the ball and make quick smart decisions. Probably won’t see as much passing on the perimeter.

Bart Torvik makes a tournament projection, not a "what if the season ended today" at https://barttorvik.com/tranketology.php

He has Wake as a #10 seed with one of the last 4 byes.
Yeah, Torvik's rankings make more sense than Lunardi's. I mean, Lunardi has us below St John's, which is 14-10 with no big wins. That said, they both love them some UVA and Clemson. UVA is an 8 seed in both, and Clemson is a 5 in Torvik and a 7 in Lunardi. UVA in an 8/9 game seems about right, but Clemson should be more of a 10-11 seed.

Not feeling great about this week, but a win in these next 2 would go a long way.

Yeah, Torvik's rankings make more sense than Lunardi's. I mean, Lunardi has us below St John's, which is 14-10 with no big wins. That said, they both love them some UVA and Clemson. UVA is an 8 seed in both, and Clemson is a 5 in Torvik and a 7 in Lunardi. UVA in an 8/9 game seems about right, but Clemson should be more of a 10-11 seed.

Not feeling great about this week, but a win in these next 2 would go a long way.
What metric are you using to declare Clemson 2-3 seeds lower than UVA currently? The "last 6 games eye test" (granted, that does include a close 1-point win for UVA over the Tigers)? Clemson has better numbers across the board than UVA, and it is not even close.

I know they had their early season really good wins and the whole overall metrics thing. But their ACC play has been consistently poor, and they just got up to .500 in a down ACC. They've been playing mediocre to poor ball for the last 6 weeks. I'm more of an eye test person and not a statistician, and when I compare how they've been playing to .500 B-12 teams like Texas and TCU, I don't think they belong in that same conversation. But they're getting similar seedings. And maybe that just says more about the current state of the ACC and that UNC is really the only ACC school likely to make a sustained run to an elite 8 or final 4 this year.

Clemson beat TCU 74-66 on a neutral court. If they played again this week, would expect Clemson to beat TCU for the second time. When the ACCseason started, Clemson was victimized by major three point shooting bad luck. They can play with anyone in the nation. Clemson is big, experienced and can score inside and from behind the arc.

Clemson beat TCU 74-66 on a neutral court. If they played again this week, would expect Clemson to beat TCU for the second time. When the ACCseason started, Clemson was victimized by major three point shooting bad luck. They can play with anyone in the nation. Clemson is big, experienced and can score inside and from behind the arc.
They were playing great ball in Nov-Dec and looked like they were going to win the ACC. They've played like crap the last 6 weeks and were lucky to beat a bad Cuse team to reach .500. They just don't look like the same team as they were pre-xmas. That said, I was astonished at their win in Chapel Hill - by far their best ACC win. You were not astonished and even predicted it, so I will yield to you and the metrics. That said, I still think they'll have an early exit in the dance muck like UVA did last year.

Back