• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023-24 Wake Forest Basketball Season - 21-14 (11-9) - KP#29 / NET#43

I get that better opponents may want return games. So do a 2-for-1 or 3-for-1 with Furman or UNCW (or whoever). One away game against this set of options per year if it also gets 2 better home games.

I can’t imagine we would be losing so much money by losing a weekday home game against Presbyterian or NJIT that there would be a financial reason not to make the switch. I’m certain season ticket holders wouldn’t care if there’s one less home game to go to.

Between the VT game, Miami game, and Virginia game, which do you think y'all would think would be the best to show up to? Wish it could be all three but not in the cards unfortunately

VT won't have students, it may be the most important one since it's the first, but prob lack the atmosphere of the potential UVA game if we're on a winning streak.

Unfortunately for us the UVA game sits similarly to last year where we may come in riding high etc, and the rest of the season was history. Hope to turn that around this year.

Not sure MIA will have students either tbh, it may be right before they come back.

VPI because that little asshole Catoor will be there and we won’t have students to get after him

I will be at the VT game. Hate that the students won’t be there but excited to see these guys play.

WF does not need to promise return games. Clemson finally figured it out this year, the bottom 4 teams that played one off games at Clemson in 2023:

• Winthrop #152
  • Alcorn #309
  • Queens #271 (was expected to be higher - finished last year at 203, opened this year at 205)
  • Radford #143

Clemson's OOC schedule is #31; WF's is #284. FWIW, WF doesn't play Clemson this year until the last game of the regular season on March 9th. To give idea how long that is from now, WF Baseball will be 13-0 by that date.

Will be at the VT game on the floor, and may or may not try to start a fight with Catoor and get thrown out.

On a separate note, I think we need to go 4-2 at a minimum over this upcoming stretch to keep our NCAAT hopes in front of us. Just too much can happen to end the season and we also don’t know if we’ll get Damari back this year (which would be terrible). We can beat VT, Miami and UVA at home if we show up - would be great to steal a road win against State, but that will be a tough game. Stomp BC and FSU to go 5-1 and we are firmly in the tourney conversation, IMHO.

WF does not need to promise return games. Clemson finally figured it out this year, the bottom 4 teams that played one off games at Clemson in 2023:

• Winthrop #152
  • Alcorn #309
  • Queens #271 (was expected to be higher - finished last year at 203, opened this year at 205)
  • Radford #143

Clemson's OOC schedule is #31; WF's is #284. FWIW, WF doesn't play Clemson this year until the last game of the regular season on March 9th. To give idea how long that is from now, WF Baseball will be 13-0 by that date.

To the common fan naked eye, that doesn’t look much different than our schedule. But the teams are much better and three are a 3 or 5 hour bus ride away.

• Winthrop #152
  • Alcorn #309
  • Radford #143

College baseball starts in early March? That's insane.

is there any good way to know which of these schools like Charleston Southern, Alcorn, Queens, etc will be worthwhile for the OOC or resume killers? or just assume it'll be similar to the year before?

Will be at the VT game on the floor, and may or may not try to start a fight with Catoor and get thrown out.

On a separate note, I think we need to go 4-2 at a minimum over this upcoming stretch to keep our NCAAT hopes in front of us. Just too much can happen to end the season and we also don’t know if we’ll get Damari back this year (which would be terrible). We can beat VT, Miami and UVA at home if we show up - would be great to steal a road win against State, but that will be a tough game. Stomp BC and FSU to go 5-1 and we are firmly in the tourney conversation, IMHO.
It feels like Catoor has been at VT as long as Kihei Clark was at UVA. But I kinda like Catoor, and I like the job Young is doing at VT, and that's 1 of the few nights I'm not pulling for them.

Back