• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023-24 Wake Forest Basketball Season - 21-14 (11-9) - KP#29 / NET#43

hesitate to post this because..., well, but here are the current Torvik odds for an at-large bid:

UNC, Duke 100%
Clemson 99.9%
WF 93.3%

UVA 46.6%
Pitt 35.9%

VPI 6.1%

WF odds currently just a tick lower than Boise St and Colorado St, a few points higher than Nevada and New Mexico

regarding scheduling, Forbes had a recent presser where he talked about avoiding Quad 3 games in the non-con. He see those as the game you could lose, but you get no credit for it.

so assuming he keeps the same advisor, expect to see more 300+ teams next year while he tries to avoid Q3.

does not help that as of right now, the ACC schedule gave WF 6 Q3 (and one Q4) games
Interesting, I hadn't seen that he said that.

That's still not really the point though. Q4 stretches from NET ranked teams 161 all the way to 362 when it's a home game. There's plenty of room to play teams in the low to mid 200s as opposed to the 300s. Scheduling NJIT and Delaware State is taking avoiding the possibility of a Q3 game way way too far.

Interesting, I hadn't seen that he said that.

That's still not really the point though. Q4 stretches from NET ranked teams 161 all the way to 362. There's plenty of room to play teams in the low to mid 200s as opposed to the 300s.

Yes, it does... but from his tone, I think he's good playing a few at the very low end.

Not that he deserves any more discussion from us, but Lunardi has us back to first team out.

Edit: looking at old update. My bad

If you're looking at the espn page, it hasn't been updated since Friday. If he has us out when he updates it's time for him to be fired.

UVA may be underdogs at BC this week
I think a loss at BC puts UVA firmly on the wrong side of the bubble heading to Duke. I'm not really sure how they could make the tournament if they lose both of those games, it would probably require an ACCT semifinal win

They’re horrible on offense (trending up) and pretty good on D. They’re the sixth worst offense we’ve played all year and none of the other five have cracked 60 points against us (all in Winston though). Their tempo is slow and they seem to be a UVA lite style team based on possession length and defensive offensive split. Should be an ugly game. Get down the lane early and often and knock down threes on the road (haven’t done that a lot this year). Just win.

If it worked out this way (and it probably won't), WF would play in the late game Thursday night against either Cuse, BC or GT.... Yes, please.

Barely missed out op top 25 coaches poll with 51 votes. Only team in front of us was BUY with 53 : (

Duke drops just two spots in the AP Poll to #10 and we are in the Others Receiving Votes category

Others receiving votes:​

BYU 92, Texas Tech 65, Clemson 45, TCU 45, Wake Forest 44, Wisconsin 42, Nevada 25, Colorado St. 20, Arizona St 17, New Mexico 10, FAU 8, Oklahoma 7, Nebraska 7, Mississippi St. 5, Washington 4, Appalachian St 3, Northwestern 1, Boise St. 1, McNeese St. 1, Indiana St 1, Loyola Chicago 1.

Is there any team after maybe Kentucky that we wouldn't be favored against also?

Back