• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 Carolina Panthers thread - HOF Julius Peppers

This might be an unfair comment but with injuries mounting I feel like the guys aren’t gonna rush back to get back on the field for this disastrous team

Has any other team in sports had the worst record in the league but lost the #1 overall pick because of a prior trade? That would be a colossal failure on all levels.

Texans got Stroud and Tank Dell after the Panthers took Young and Mingo. Lovely.

so the knock on CJ was that he was too dumb to run an offense, and Bryce is the most super smart QB ever and therefore can't lose

Wait I thought we wanted the person that had the best S2 Cognitive score not the best NFL QB

Dang

Best part about that Docuseries the Panthers did on the draft is we got to see all the excitement around these picks. Bryce. Mingo. DJ Johnson. These guys (and gals) 100% believed they were picking good players.

They just fucking suck at their jobs.

Guys, seriously???

We're all fed up. We're three weeks into the season and:

• We're basically eliminated from playoff contention
  • Rookie QB looks small and has done nothing
  • Most of our best players on defense are injured
  • Our best player on defense is unsigned
  • Our LT is awful
  • We have no depth
  • We have the two worst receivers who ever went to LSU
  • Our last three drafts have been bad
  • We have no picks for the next three years
Please pass these concerns along to your contact, so hopefully Tepper will get the message, as I'm not going anywhere near BofA Stadium on Sundays this fall.

Serious question: Who is our best player on offense ?

I guess it must be Miles Sanders, but he's not going to the Pro Bowl this season.

We're all fed up. We're three weeks into the season and:

• We're basically eliminated from playoff contention
  • Rookie QB looks small and has done nothing
  • Most of our best players on defense are injured
  • Our best player on defense is unsigned
  • Our LT is awful
  • We have no depth
  • We have the two worst receivers who ever went to LSU
  • Our last three drafts have been bad
  • We have no picks for the next three years
Please pass these concerns along to your contact, so hopefully Tepper will get the message, as I'm not going anywhere near BofA Stadium on Sundays this fall.
I agree with all of those, except #2 sort of. Bryce Young has looked fine. It's just been 2 games. He was was no smaller in last Sunday's game than he was on draft day. He will be a stud.

My post is really just about this theme that Young is a bust and Stroud is Elway. It's been 2 games for Young and 3 for Stroud. It's not like Young has looked bad. He has looked pretty good so far. A tad early to draw much especially given how conservative the play-calling has been.

But yeah that list is pretty much right and that's a big reason Young will probably need some time this season to show his stuff. i think Fitterer is a pretty good dealmaker and is super aggressive and Tepper is turned on by that, but he has sucked for the most part and our drafts have been horrible.

And I think I am going to dump my tix this Sunday too. I just don't have any real interest in going.

I will set up a lunch with you, 2&2, and Tepper ASAP. You good with Palm?

Serious question: Who is our best player on offense ?

I guess it must be Miles Sanders, but he's not going to the Pro Bowl this season.
The talent - at this point - on our offense is terrible. But personally I think a big part of that has been Reich. WTH is he doing? He needs to give up the play calling. Nobody can shine in the offense he has been running.

The talent - at this point - on our offense is terrible. But personally I think a big part of that has been Reich. WTH is he doing? He needs to give up the play calling. Nobody can shine in the offense he has been running.
so was the playbook opened up this weekend because Reich had been getting heat for being so vanilla the first 2 weeks or is it more a testament to Dalton's skills/experience that the offense looked better? like if Bryce played would the playcalling have looked like it did week 3 or what it had been weeks 1-2?

I agree with all of those, except #2 sort of. Bryce Young has looked fine. It's just been 2 games. He was was no smaller in last Sunday's game than he was on draft day. He will be a stud.

My post is really just about this theme that Young is a bust and Stroud is Elway. It's been 2 games for Young and 3 for Stroud. It's not like Young has looked bad. He has looked pretty good so far. A tad early to draw much especially given how conservative the play-calling has been.

But yeah that list is pretty much right and that's a big reason Young will probably need some time this season to show his stuff. i think Fitterer is a pretty good dealmaker and is super aggressive and Tepper is turned on by that, but he has sucked for the most part and our drafts have been horrible.

And I think I am going to dump my tix this Sunday too. I just don't have any real interest in going.

I will set up a lunch with you, 2&2, and Tepper ASAP. You good with Palm?

Tickets won't move. I have had mine on there for 48 hours now at 10.00 below Face Value per ticket and nada.

Back