• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 Carolina Panthers thread - HOF Julius Peppers

I imagine it's because we were playing catch up especially in the 2nd half and the Seahawks are terrible against the pass. You gotta throw the ball against that bunch.

I mean if any of you are so upset that you just want to throw your tickets away, I’ll take one - I’ll even boo Ickey for you.

I'm just trying to get back (close) to what I paid David for them.

2nd home game of the year with a new franchise QB and tickets are already unsellable.

Sanders
Moton
Thielen
Hurst
Young?

1. QB Andy Dalton: 80.3
2. WR Adam Thielen: 75.8
3. RB Miles Sanders: 70.8
4. TE Tommy Tremble: 64.2
5. RG Calvin Throckmorton: 63.8

13. WR Laviska Shenault Jr.: 51.1
14. TE Hayden Hurst: 49.7
15. C Bradley Bozeman: 49.3
16. LT Ikem Ekwonu: 24.9
17. LG Chandler Zavala: 24.3

Zavala allowed 14 pressures and was saddled with a 0.0 pass-blocking grade. That’s . . . um . . . not good.

Ekwonu, who picked up four false starts, and Bozeman combined for eight pressures.

I don't really want to see Bryce playing while Icky is protecting his blind side. What a disaster.

I fear it’s either THielen or Moton at this point. We might as well try and go winless just to make things the slightest bit interesting

I agree with all of those, except #2 sort of. Bryce Young has looked fine. It's just been 2 games. He was was no smaller in last Sunday's game than he was on draft day. He will be a stud.

My post is really just about this theme that Young is a bust and Stroud is Elway. It's been 2 games for Young and 3 for Stroud. It's not like Young has looked bad. He has looked pretty good so far. A tad early to draw much especially given how conservative the play-calling has been.

But yeah that list is pretty much right and that's a big reason Young will probably need some time this season to show his stuff. i think Fitterer is a pretty good dealmaker and is super aggressive and Tepper is turned on by that, but he has sucked for the most part and our drafts have been horrible.

And I think I am going to dump my tix this Sunday too. I just don't have any real interest in going.

I will set up a lunch with you, 2&2, and Tepper ASAP. You good with Palm?
You're my Young connect and helped pay off my mortgage with draft day winnings, but 59% completion, 150 yards/game, 2 TDs, 2 INTs, and 6 sacks doesn't really scream "fine" to me for a #1 pick. Not panicking, but if I had to pick between him and Stroud with #smallsamplesize, I'm going Stroud.

the most exciting moment from Bryce was that drive at the end of the Saints game but you knew it was gonna be for naught since there was no time left to get the ball back.

You're my Young connect and helped pay off my mortgage with draft day winnings, but 59% completion, 150 yards/game, 2 TDs, 2 INTs, and 6 sacks doesn't really scream "fine" to me for a #1 pick. Not panicking, but if I had to pick between him and Stroud with #smallsamplesize, I'm going Stroud.
Speaking of Selwyn Pub.......

To be fair, you're an Ohio State fan.

Like is there a more boring team in professional sports? (I guess the Hornets are up there too)
In terms of the NFL and NBA, the Panthers and Hornets are very high up there. I'd say the Bears are more boring if you want to give the Panthers credit for Cam and Luke, two exciting players on each side of the ball. But that was several years ago.

Back