• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 Atlanta Braves Thread

stonevilleicetea

Reaction score
I hope we just sit Morton and Sale for at least a month in the middle of the season. I don’t see anyway this isn’t a playoff team. Just rest guys.

Jim Powell was told his services aren’t required anymore. Not going to lie, I prefer him to Ben Ingram but both are good so it’s not a big deal.

I hope we just sit Morton and Sale for at least a month in the middle of the season. I don’t see anyway this isn’t a playoff team. Just rest guys.
Agree 100%. No real reason to go all out like last year. Postseason just a crapshoot anyway. I’d prefer having a couple bullpen games every week this year to get ready.

Braves fest today only appropriate with Spring weather and tornado warnings. SMH!

Now that they re-worked Sale’s deal to guarantee next year, it should be very easy to explain he will be babied, he will only make 15-20 regular season starts, he will make fake IL trips, etc. FO’s job to Snit proof the plan.

Jim Powell was told his services aren’t required anymore. Not going to lie, I prefer him to Ben Ingram but both are good so it’s not a big deal.

I always liked Jim Powell’s voice (has always kinda sounded like Bob Uecker to me), but seems like they preferred Ben Ingram as the primary PBP guy. I like Ingram too, so I’m not bent out of shape about it. I’m hoping they’ll use a lot of Moylan on the radio this season if he’s not doing TV. Based on his podcasting, I also think Collin McHugh would be really good at radio/TV work if he’s interested in that.

I always liked Jim Powell’s voice (has always kinda sounded like Bob Uecker to me), but seems like they preferred Ben Ingram as the primary PBP guy. I like Ingram too, so I’m not bent out of shape about it. I’m hoping they’ll use a lot of Moylan on the radio this season if he’s not doing TV. Based on his podcasting, I also think Collin McHugh would be really good at radio/TV work if he’s interested in that.
I figure we're just a few years away from AI versions of Skip Carey and Pete Van Wieren calling games again.

That would be slightly less off-putting than those 2 Spawn-of-Chip Caray identical twins. Hopefully Gaudin sticks around a while.

I read that he is already on the cover for a competing game this year so he couldn’t be on The Show.
What competing game though? Thought Sony had a monopoly on it. Unless MLB 2k is coming back which I'd be so down for

Money Mike kicks off the 2024 spring training season with a first pitch bomb! Not sure I ever remember our ace starting game 1.

Back