• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 College Basketball Coaching Carousel

Safe to say the State fan base is done with Keatts but most seem to think the admin and boosters aren’t ready to make a move. Plus he seems like a guy who specializes in doing just enough to keep getting a little more time.

Safe to say the State fan base is done with Keatts but most seem to think the admin and boosters aren’t ready to make a move. Plus he seems like a guy who specializes in doing just enough to keep getting a little more time.
State really seems to get stuck with guys doing just enough to save their jobs year after year. I’d feel bad but I don’t.

south carolina fans nervous about ohio native Lamont Paris going to Ohio St. I ain't worried though because folks from ohio move to south carolina, not the other way around.

Murmurs that S. Carolina is scrambling to offer an extension to Paris making a buy-out a lot more expensive. Lamont Paris has a lot of leverage right now.

Lots of talk about OSU and Dusty May which has IU fans freaking out that May won't be available if Mike Woodson doesn't survive next year. May was a manager for the IU program under Knight and IU is almost certainly his dream job.

Lots of talk about OSU and Dusty May which has IU fans freaking out that May won't be available if Mike Woodson doesn't survive next year. May was a manager for the IU program under Knight and IU is almost certainly his dream job.
Yep. Some talk of IU premptively firing Woodson and hiring May, just so May doesn't go to Columbus.

south carolina fans nervous about ohio native Lamont Paris going to Ohio St. I ain't worried though because folks from ohio move to south carolina, not the other way around.

This is very true. Some idiots move from North Carolina TO Ohio... but that is where my paycheck started showing up 18 years ago. (n)

Tom Izzo turned 69 two weeks ago. I would guess he goes for another 5 years.

He's made the tournament every year since 1997-1998 (except the Covid year). Must be nice when they let your team in with a 15-13 (9-11) record, after losing in the first round of the Big Ten tournament, so you can lose in the First Four.

Tom Izzo turned 69 two weeks ago. I would guess he goes for another 5 years.

He's made the tournament every year since 1997-1998 (except the Covid year). Must be nice when they let your team in with a 15-13 (9-11) record, after losing in the first round of the Big Ten tournament, so you can lose in the First Four.

Then get inexplicably ranked top 5 preseason the following year. Rinse, repeat.

Izzo has failed to win an NCAA tournament game only 6 out of the 25 times Michigan St has made the tournament.

Izzo has failed to win an NCAA tournament game only 6 out of the 25 times Michigan St has made the tournament.

Including 2021, when his team had a 15-13 (9-11) record, and lost in the first round of the Big Ten tournament.

Last edited:
Sorry 2021. correcting.
2021 was a weird year due to how many players had to miss games due to COVID restrictions.

Also, the Big Ten was ridiculous that year - Rutgers, Wisconsin, Maryland, and Michigan St all received at-large bids even though they had double-digit losses because the Big Ten was considered very strong. Working in Michigan St's favor that year was that Michigan St managed to beat Illinois, Ohio State, and Michigan in the last two weeks of the season when all three were Top 5 teams.

2021 was a weird year due to how many players had to miss games due to COVID restrictions.

Also, the Big Ten was ridiculous that year - Rutgers, Wisconsin, Maryland, and Michigan St all received at-large bids even though they had double-digit losses because the Big Ten was considered very strong. Working in Michigan St's favor that year was that Michigan St managed to beat Illinois, Ohio State, and Michigan in the last two weeks of the season when all three were Top 5 teams.

Whatever you say Sparty !

Speaking of coaches who will be fired, going into last night, Detroit coached by Mike Davis (the same Mike Davis that coached IU to the NCAA title game in 2002) was 0-26 on the season. Detroit beat IUPUI for its first win of the year, and one fan kind of rushed the court:

isn't MSU high on the list of teams that historically overachieve their seed?

the anti-Wake Forest, if you will

Back