• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 College Basketball Coaching Carousel

Sure but what makes their situations different
I just know Danny and his wife a little and think they’re very different people. Pitino is wildly ambitious and a showman. Danny is insanely intense but he’s already on the main stage. Pitino went from Providence where he’d likely never win a national championship or get KY attention to the NBA and then needed out. Danny has it made right now. Why would he leave UConn, arguably a better program over the past 15 years, to go to KY?

That said, I didn’t think Cooley would leave his home city and go to Georgetown, so what the fuck do I know? Other than Hurley’s wife isn’t giving KY. At all.

UCONN has a the better argument that they are the best men’s basketball program over the last 30 years. That said, money makes me people do things they otherwise wouldn’t do.

Rick left Providence for the Knicks and then the Knicks for Kentucky. Not the same thing as leaving the back to back champs.

I guess either way Oats and Drew and everyone are gonna make more money thru extensions or taking the gig. Agents always win…

I just know Danny and his wife a little and think they’re very different people. Pitino is wildly ambitious and a showman. Danny is insanely intense but he’s already on the main stage. Pitino went from Providence where he’d likely never win a national championship or get KY attention to the NBA and then needed out. Danny has it made right now. Why would he leave UConn, arguably a better program over the past 15 years, to go to KY?
This all makes sense I was just responding to your post about the Northeast which implied his affinity for the region would prevent the move. But I agree he’s in a better position than Pitino.

This all makes sense I was just responding to your post about the Northeast which implied his affinity for the region would prevent the move. But I agree he’s in a better position than Pitino.
No worries. I could also be totally wrong. But honestly, I can maybe think of 45 states I’d be a better fit in than KY and I think Mrs. Hurley seems a bit like me in that respect…

Last edited:
Kentucky's 2024 HS recruiting class:

#8. Jayden Quaintance C 6-9 NC (signed LOI)
#22 Billy Richmond SG 6-5 NJ (verbal commit)
#26. Boogie Fland PG 6-2 NY (signed LOI)
#46. Somto Cyril C 6-10 GA (signed LOI)
#73. Travis Perry PG 6-2 KY (signed LOI)

Arkansas 2024 HS recruiting class:

#45 Isiah Elohim SG 6-5 CA (signed LOI)
#72 Jalen Shelley SF 6-8 MO (signed LOI)
do signed LOIs even matter in this Wild West age of NCAA transfers?

serious question.

do signed LOIs even matter in this Wild West age of NCAA transfers?

serious question.
I had the same question a few days ago and from what I found they do still matter. You're essentially locked in for the academic year after which you can transfer. It almost sounded like everyone re-ups their LOIs each year, but I might have been reading too much into it. And you would still need to be released from the LOI.

Back