• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 College Basketball Coaching Carousel

I was thinking about that this morning. It seems like in the past 5-10 years Kentucky has caught up to the rest of the SEC in football resources, while the rest of the SEC has caught up to Kentucky in basketball resources.

Why would Hurley go from UConn to UK? He's doing incredibly well at UConn without the pressure from the insane UK fanbase. Money's money but I'm sure UConn will pay him pretty well.

Now that's interesting

Why would Hurley go from UConn to UK? He's doing incredibly well at UConn without the pressure from the insane UK fanbase. Money's money but I'm sure UConn will pay him pretty well.
Hurley goes to sleep every night knowing he's the second best basketball coach employed by UConn, that's why!

I'd at least call Dan Hurley and make him say no. Same with Billy Donovan.

After that need to secure either Drew or Oats. Were they both to pass then you have to decide if you are gonna break the emergency glass case for Bruce Pearl.
Yeah on calling Hurley, but why would Donovan even think about wanting to come back to college to deal with recruiting, NIL and the portal. But I agree with the others that it will be Oats. He appears a fit from a KY perspective, and he wants it.

Agree that Beard is probably a better coach.

But is he a little too Billy Clyde for them, in addition to the baggage?

Oats runs a system that will play well in Kentucky.

I mean, Oats let a guy who was an accessory to a murder keep playing, so it's not like he is clean.

I live in AR. These fans have loathed Calipari for 15 years. Foaming at the mouth hated him. They are PISSED. Its hilarious to see and hear their meltdown.

I live in AR. These fans have loathed Calipari for 15 years. Foaming at the mouth hated him. They are PISSED. It’s hilarious to see and hear their meltdown.
Those angry fans are about to inherit the #2 recruiting class

Yeah on calling Hurley, but why would Donovan even think about wanting to come back to college to deal with recruiting, NIL and the portal. But I agree with the others that it will be Oats. He appears a fit from a KY perspective, and he wants it.
Billy D not terribly popular in Chicago

could be a leave-before-fired move, though I don't think it's very likely

if Arkansas can get Calipari, surely we can lure Bucky

Musselman to USC.

Arkansas now open... Could they have some Bucky interest? He's rumored to be on their 'hot' list. Chris Beard is on top, with Jerome Tang, Chris Jans and Porter Moser. I would watch for Will Wade.

Look at the fucking happy mug on Musselman's face just 3 hours after it was announced he was USC bound. I'm leaving on a jet plane...

btw this monumental shift in the coaching landscape is all thanks to the the ACC baybee

Back