• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 Presidential Primaries and Election

The first debate in 2020 pretty much set the tone for all of these things. Trump literally yelled and blustered his way through that debate like a spoiled brat five-year-old, constantly cut Biden off and wouldn't let him speak, went after the moderator several times, and it was all so embarrassing that even most of his cult afterwards didn't try to defend him on social media or elsewhere. Instead Trumpites quickly developed amnesia about that debate, and it was as if it never happened.

If this debate in June actually happens Trump could likely take a televised dump on the stage and it wouldn't affect his vote total in November, and most of the news media would just shrug. On the other hand, if Biden stumbles at any point it will likely become news for days. Basically I don't think Trump could be hurt by almost anything he does in these debates, his vote is likely locked in for November. Biden's vote could be a different story, especially if he has some verbal or mental slips.
Cliffs Notes - CULT vs non-cult

It’s just about ‘midwestern diner full of undecided voters’ season
“Well, I’m not much of a fan of the coarse language Donald Trump uses, but he’s a sinner like all of us. What I can’t get past is that Biden mispronounced the Polish President’s name. I have no choice but to vote Trump.”

“Well, I’m not much of a fan of the coarse language Donald Trump uses, but he’s a sinner like all of us. What I can’t get past is that Biden mispronounced the Polish President’s name. I have no choice but to vote Trump.”
"I'm not sure what a Poland is, but it's important."

In the Trump Veep sweepstakes, J.D. Vance puts in his pitch for tariffs and a right-wing takeover of American universities.

Also in the Trump Veep sweepstakes today. Stefanik admits that she said that Trump was "insulting to women", but then says that she still stands with him and attacks the host for accurately quoting her from the NY Times. "How dare you use things I've actually said against me!"

I'm not sure I get the point of doing that from Biden's perspective. Seems really unlikely that he would be able to gain anything from debating Trump. Slamming him on the legal troubles isn't going to work, so hopefully that's not the plan.
He and his team believe they are behind.

Word on the street is the Trump's lawyer is incompetent and wouldn't let him testify.

Back