• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 Wake Baseball Thread: What Did We Do To Deserve This?

Still don't know why we keep starting a enter fielder that can't hit .200.
1. Who else would you start?
2. His OBP is higher than Seaver King's.
3. He has a cannon (top like 20 on the Synergy Leaderboard for most outs generated with his arm alone in America).
4. He's a freshman who will get better.

Javar and Cam have high ceilings imo. Cam especially needs to do whatever the hell Marek did after last season batting wise.

I did look this morning and Cameron Gill is at negative runs saved defensively after finishing at +13 (second in America) last year. Bizarre, especially because it's mostly framing where he has lost the runs -.72 this year after being +12.43 in framing last year. Don't really get it.

1. Who else would you start?
2. His OBP is higher than Seaver King's.
3. He has a cannon (top like 20 on the Synergy Leaderboard for most outs generated with his arm alone in America).
4. He's a freshman who will get better.

Javar and Cam have high ceilings imo. Cam especially needs to do whatever the hell Marek did after last season batting wise.
Marek did it in season last year. By the playoffs his improvement was noticeable.

My money is on Javar Williams to take the Houston-like jump from freshman to sophomore year. I bet he's in the top 3 of the order next season with Winnay and Houston.

My money is on Javar Williams to take the Houston-like jump from freshman to sophomore year. I bet he's in the top 3 of the order next season with Winnay and Houston.
Yeah if we didn't have Marek then I would say he's obviously the leadoff guy, and he may be anyway.

Javar
Houston
Winnay

Decent start to the lineup there for sure.

the improvements in our defense over the course of the season has been huge.

getting kurtz back at 1b, moving king to 3b, javar and nelson in the outfield, reinisch off the field and burley instead of ballestero at catcher.

from opening day, only kurtz at houston are still starting at the same position, and i think we have clearly improved our defense at every other position. (plus even those two have missed significant time due to injury).

it’s also crazy to think we had gervase, nelson and koshy (you could add ariola and shenosky) pitching high-leverage innings in acc games.

Last edited:
Anybody going to be at the game in Durham tomorrow? I’m going with 3 Deacs. Hope a good number of Wake fans show up.

Back