• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 Wake Baseball Thread: What Did We Do To Deserve This?

Hell yeah boys. Jethro for boards MVP.

Seriously - you've got a drink (or 3) on me next sporting event if you're up for it.

Speaking of which - short notice, but Saturday feels like the best day for a boards baseball tailgate. It's Western, so we....should win? Let's chat.
I'm in for buying Jethro or drink or 3 for his Herculean efforts tonight.

So, a combo of Morningstar Ray Gunther Falco tomorrow? Probably gotta mix in some seldom used arms too. Maybe Koshy/Ariola/?

Pitching might be rougher than usual tomorrow. High Point didn’t play today so they should be better rested. Hope the bats show up!

So, a combo of Morningstar Ray Gunther Falco tomorrow? Probably gotta mix in some seldom used arms too. Maybe Koshy/Ariola/?
Is it safe to assume that we won’t see Chase Walter or Hudson Lee again?

Is it safe to assume that we won’t see Chase Walter or Hudson Lee again?
Yeahhh tonight would be their chance if any. Was my biggest gripe when the storyline was "our bullpen isn't healthy" and their names were mentioned. Roland I got. Them I wasn't very confident we'd even be using them unless major adjustments were made.

thank goodness Morales is from the Boston area and was given that one AB against BC in the last game of the series

Yeah he's locked up the 7 spot in my opinion, so we've got (in no lineup order per se):

Houston, Tellier, Kurtz, King, Rhino, Winnay, Morales in there moving forward who should be locked in starters in any meaningful game (most of them from here on out).

That leaves two spots left in the lineup, and obviously one of the nine spots goes to whoever is catching, and that's a bit of a lost cause. I like what Walter has been doing there with pinch hitting Nelson the 3rd time through the order, but at some point we may just need to accept Gill may not hit, but he's coming long VERY nicely defensively the last few games and just bite the bullet there.

Javar has struggled a bit lately, so we may need to keep trying to work in Willson/Nelson there. Not sure what happened with Salvino, and we haven't seen Jeter at all lately. Guessing that will continue to just be by committee, but damn it would be nice if somebody could pop a bit, otherwise just ride the hot hand.

Tellier needs to start hitting or get moved down the lineup. He hit his 10th homer on April 2nd. He has none in his last 16 games. Over that time his BA has dropped from .362 to .320. He had 20Ks in his first 28 games. He has 24 in his last 16 games. Need runners on base before Kurtz and King. It's not happening right now.

Back