• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 Wake Baseball Thread: What Did We Do To Deserve This?

MLB should hire Falco ... to pitch during the home run contest. Though the contest might never end.

If they put a HR derby in Omaha, Falco would be a great pitcher for it.

This team sucks. Walter is horrible. They consistently come out unfocused for these mid week games. They also seem to lack any sense of competitiveness against these lesser teams…across all facets pitching, hitting fielding. They know coming in that they will get the best shot from these shitty teams yet they never seem to match the intensity of the opponent. Some of this carries over to the weekend and thus the inconsistent results. This reflects poorly on Walter and the program. No hits so far against fucking HP when they have put up 5 runs. Ridiculous. This may be the worst performance in program history relative to expectations.

I hope they come back and win but these games should not be consistently this difficult. I realize baseball can produce strange results at times but this team always seems asleep and unprepared.
How the hell is Walter horrible and no the team does not suck. The only dam thing that sucks is we have pitchers that prefer to give up more home runs and runs than get people out. As I've said twice on this thread we probably need to score 9 or 10 runs a game to win(see last night's score) and that is asking too much for ant team to constantly do. Don't brand the whole team as terrible because of the lousy pitching staff. Still don't know how it happened because some of these same pitchers had success last year.

PMW4gb5Oc_6WEHt1VPsGlBiRLOMdobXDnrlgNW1VXbA.jpg

Mom said there were players riding the pine that were crushing it in batting practice....

The Falco thing is so weird because after giving up his leadoff homer, he usually pitches pretty well. Midweek starter?
He's good about 85% of the time. However, the other 15% seems to be giving up HRs. And usually to the first guy he faces.

Back