• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 Wake Baseball Thread: What Did We Do To Deserve This?

....and the fans yelling loudest cheat of the night was when Walter walked away and Burns didn't.

Great to have a freshman (Antonio) be the hero.

I still thank it was a mistake to put Johnson is vs Cole. Cole can pitch 2 innings.
Cole is going to pitch two games. Rather have that than two innings last night.

....and the fans yelling loudest cheat of the night was when Walter walked away and Burns didn't.

I still thank it was a mistake to put Johnson is vs Cole. Cole can pitch 2 innings.
Would you want Cole going two innings and then closing each of the next two games? I think it was the right call

Looking for Sunday tickets if anyone can't make it. Wife has suddenly said she's interested in going to the game with the kids for Mother's Day. I'm not going to argue with that one.

Might have been dumb but with three run lead it was a mitigated risk. He had a short leash. A lot of baseball left this weekend. Would have been nice to save Cole. I think we player it right. Gave it a try and moved on quickly.

Worried about our bats. Clemsons pitching gets better through the weekend. Ours not so much. Still I’m glad to be 1-0 just find a way to win one more.

It wasn't like Johnston pitched poorly. 3 hits somehow, but that Marek boot should have been an error. He should have gotten out of the inning unscathed.

Correct. Tough play but you gotta get an out there. Maybe two. Johnston got the ground ball just not the best location.

Might have been dumb but with three run lead it was a mitigated risk. He had a short leash. A lot of baseball left this weekend. Would have been nice to save Cole. I think we player it right. Gave it a try and moved on quickly.

Worried about our bats. Clemsons pitching gets better through the weekend. Ours not so much. Still I’m glad to be 1-0 just find a way to win one more.
I am also worried about the bats. Gotta work longer counts.

Still better to be 1-0 than 0-1. Win however the hell you can.

So am I correct that Darden was Clemsons usual Sat starter who had been their weak spot in rotation and now we face their usual Fri and Sunday starters who have been undefeated to date? Bats have to wake up if we want to have a chance to win this series.

I thought Johnston pitched fine. The first hit would have been a routine grounder if not for the shift and the second should have beem a double play. The third one was the only one hit well.

So am I correct that Darden was Clemsons usual Sat starter who had been their weak spot in rotation and now we face their usual Fri and Sunday starters who have been undefeated to date? Bats have to wake up if we want to have a chance to win this series.
Did they do that to offset Burns and hope for the other two games and the series?

Back