• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 Wake Baseball Thread: What Did We Do To Deserve This?

We get what we deserve, which very well could be a trip to G-Vegas and The Jungle; don’t see us at all reacting or responding well in that environment ( and that’s just us fans, but probably not the team either).

the nature of baseball makes it seem that any close loss is the managers fault, since there are pretty much always reasonable alternative decisions that could have been made.

i remember some poll that i think some sbnation site did a long time ago where 100% of mlb fanbases thought their managers were bad tactically (even though overall favorable/unfavorable opinion was around 50/50).

i have gotten annoyed at walter for a bunch of things over the years (mostly when i think there is evidence to back that up) but there’s a lot that is just hindsight.

Wake lost 2 close games this series with State winning 2 in its last AB and we used our best reliever, by far, against one batter. A reliever who some have said is having the best reliever season in Wake history. I understand the moves Walter made but if something like that repeats in the regional I would be upset with not even using our best bullpen weapon.

Come on man. This series sucks and that’s when the asshats come out. I’m looking forward to hearing from y’all when this team goes on a run in the NCAA. Can’t we just get along?
Im not policing what others can or can’t post

Wake lost 2 close games this series with State winning 2 in its last AB and we used our best reliever, by far, against one batter. A reliever who some have said is having the best reliever season in Wake history. I understand the moves Walter made but if something like that repeats in the regional I would be upset with not even using our best bullpen weapon.

Wanted a sweep, then wanted a win, then not to get swept.

Welp.

We've proven to be a team with one reliable starting pitcher. One good reliever. And maybe 3-4 solid position players. Otherwise a lot of weak links. No way we have the depth to do anything in a tournament setting.

Guys I think we’re still in the run to host lol

And I still don’t even know what to think about this team
Based on the committee’s dedication to RPI, if we stay top 16 RPI then it’s reasonably possible. But every year there’s a couple top 16 RPI teams that don’t host due to weak resumes on paper, and Wake screams that this year. Committee likes easy to digest numbers, and a .500 ACC record is hard to overlook.

I think the Deacs gotta make it to ACC semis to have any sort of real chance now.

Back