• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 Wake Baseball Thread: What Did We Do To Deserve This?

Chase gave up 4 home runs?

nervous-laughter-what-the-fuck.gif

I'm fucking speechless. Might be the worst pinch hit I've ever seen

yeah don't get that at all.

Sent from my SM-S711U using Tapatalk

Salvino is a righty and got three hits last weekend. I think Tate was also available and he’s a switch hitter

Putting Katz in there is just an absolutely brain dead decision. I mean holy cow.

Truly, truly absurd.

Swinging at the first pitch there tells us everything we need to know.

Fucking awful situational awareness. Horrible managing. Feel awful for the players.

How else are you going to know if your guy with one hit on the season is superman in disguise when the pressure is on other than putting him in that exact situation ??

Walter strikes again.

Puts in a 1/18 guy to pinch hit with bases loaded, 2 outs, and one run needed.. We're doomed in this series giving Burns his first lost.

Cant believe the HRs off Burns by a mediocre Tarheel team. May begin to worry now.

highly doubt it, but my random conspiracy theory is that katz hasn’t been playing lately bc they are trying to get him comfortable again behind the plate.

looks like i was right !

except the conspiracy theory was actually to get him as cold and out of rhythm as possible so he could be pinch hit in the highest leverage AB of the season and get comically blown away by three straight fastballs down the middle.

How else are you going to know if your guy with one hit on the season is superman in disguise when the pressure is on other than putting him in that exact situation ??
What do you think a pitcher thinks when he sees a 1 for 18 guy come up to the plate? He knows all he has to do is throw fast balls down the middle which he did. Walter gave the pitcher a boost of confidence by this asinine substitution.

Last edited:
Salvino is a righty and got three hits last weekend. I think Tate was also available and he’s a switch hitter

Putting Katz in there is just an absolutely brain dead decision. I mean holy cow.

salvino was already pinch running. let’s be serious, tate woulda struck out, probably in a very similar fashion. should have just let javar hit imo.

Is there any evidence that this is a tournament team even? We have basically one good-(ish) pitcher. Even if we make the tournament we’re not gonna last two minutes out there.

salvino was already pinch running. let’s be serious, tate woulda struck out, probably in a very similar fashion. should have just let javar hit imo.
Yeah but if you have any foresight at all then you are probably thinking a batter ahead. It took him two pitches to pinch run Salvino, which means it took them forever to decide that too.

I would’ve just let Javar hit.

Back