• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

24/7 Thought Andre Washington Was Transferring....dey wrong

I saw him block 3 shots in the second half

That seems to accord well with your earlier memory of Visser coming in during the second half and rallying us to take the lead. We led twice in the second half, at 38-37 before St. Joe's scored on a lay-up 20 seconds in, and at 40-39 after two free throws made by... you guessed it... Eric Williams.

Visser was nothing more than a backup until his senior year.

He was a backup to two former All-ACC post players. No shame in that.

West and Nelson combined for 48 points against our small guards. Williams had 4 rebounds . Visser had 3. How many minutes did they each play? Williams is 8th in career blocked shots (112) and 6th in rebounds . But he probably played more minutes than all but 2 or 3 centers WF history . He should be in the top 2 or 3 in those categories based on minutes played. Williams was a one dimensional low post scorer in college who never played a game in the NBA. Visser was a better pro prospect, although he didn't play in the NBA either.

Oh, I find that Visser had 116 career blocks while riding the pine for 3 years.

Wow. So much dumb.

Now saying Visser was a better player and/or prospect than Eric Williams. Astonishing.

Waiting for Ken Pom to tell me what to think.

West and Nelson combined for 48 points against our small guards. Williams had 4 rebounds . Visser had 3. How many minutes did they each play? Williams is 8th in career blocked shots (112) and 6th in rebounds . But he probably played more minutes than all but 2 or 3 centers WF history . He should be in the top 2 or 3 in those categories based on minutes played. Williams was a one dimensional low post scorer in college who never played a game in the NBA. Visser was a better pro prospect, although he didn't play in the NBA either.

Pat Carroll killed us that game.

Pat Carroll is still the All-Time 3pt % shooter in A-10.

It still baffles me that people think St. Joe beating us was an upset. They were a #1 seen. We were #4. They were undefeated for the regular season and #1 in the nation. They had the POY and another senior 1st round pick.

CP3 wasn't strong enough to stop Jameer Nelson. Justin and Taron were barely over 6' tall and they were trying to cover the 6'5 Delonte West and the 6'6 Pat Caroll.

He was a backup to two former All-ACC post players. No shame in that.

No shame in being a significant contributor to an ACC basketball team. He belonged as the backup though for his first 3 years. No one thought Visser should be ahead of Eric Williams. Putting Visser ahead of Eric in the NCAA tournament is crazy.

Where you his friend in college?

Pat Carroll is still the All-Time 3pt % shooter in A-10.

It still baffles me that people think St. Joe beating us was an upset. They were a #1 seen. We were #4. They were undefeated for the regular season and #1 in the nation. They had the POY and another senior 1st round pick.

CP3 wasn't strong enough to stop Jameer Nelson. Justin and Taron were barely over 6' tall and they were trying to cover the 6'5 Delonte West and the 6'6 Pat Caroll.

I was at that game and was nearly killed by a mob of dumb Philly jackoffs. Memories.

Im not saying Visser was better than Williams. He was a better pro prospect because he was a 7 footer who could run. Willams was 6'8" and was a tweener on the pro level. My point was that Visser didn't just blossom over the summer between his junior and senior years. He was basically wasted for 3 years playing behind Williams. I met Visser one time - at Ocean Annie's beach bar in Myrtle Beach in the fall of 2006. I am many years older than Visser. I just got frustrated during games where we could have used his size on defense- such as St Joseph's. And I called Prosser's show many times to complain about it. I felt bad for the kid. It seemed that Prosser was more of an offensive coach and

Didn't want to take Williams off the court. There was no way they could play together. I don't mean to hate on Williams . He was very good in the post and a better rebounder than I gave him credit for. Just wasn't a shot blocker and didn't really guard the rim except by eating space.

I was at that game and was nearly killed by a mob of dumb Philly jackoffs. Memories.

I was there with my girlfriend at the time , now wife. Nearly got in a number of physical fights after a handful of verbal fights. It was my senior yr of hs.

Visser got double digit minutes in the vast majority of his games as a junior. In the two Boston College games he combined for 42 minutes, 6 points, and zero blocks. He didn't score in double figures in a single game once ACC play started. He made more than 2 field goals once. He was an extremely inconsistent rebounder and a flawed defender. Blame the coaching staff all you want for not developing a big guy with potential, but to suggest he earned more minutes prior to his senior year is pretty laughable. Not to mention he probably played half his minutes against the backup to whoever was assigned the task of stopping Eric Williams.

To put it another way, when Andre Washington put up 8 points in 15 minutes in our ACC win over VaTech this year with 3 blocks, it was arguably better than any ACC game Kyle Visser played as a junior.

Last edited:
Back