• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

24/7 Thought Andre Washington Was Transferring....dey wrong

Phil sucked. Chris King was incredible. Never been on the floor with someone that big with that kind of freakish athleticism and speed and length. It was just silly. I think Phil was afraid to guard him.

Looks like he's staying in W-S for the summer.

10409340_10202096492919269_4347136285603928004_n.jpg
My boy Watson looks to be about 6'4"

I hope Washington is as good as Visser when he is a senior- if he hangs around, that is. Chris King was the first key recruit to begin the rebuilding process of WFU basketball after Tacy left. Rogers was the next one. I heard King is having a difficult time financially and I hope that isn't true. The WFU family should help him out.

I hope Washington is as good as Visser when he is a senior- if he hangs around, that is. Chris King was the first key recruit to begin the rebuilding process of WFU basketball after Tacy left. Rogers was the next one. I heard King is having a difficult time financially and I hope that isn't true. The WFU family should help him out.

WHOA DREAM BIG

I think Visser level would be asking a lot, but not out of the question. I hate to hear Chris King may be having some difficulty.

Dave Odom should kick some of his retirement to Chris as a finder's fee for Timmy D.

Dave Odom should kick some of his retirement to Chris as a finder's fee for Timmy D.

Maybe that money can come back to my family as Chris king didn't pay us for some construction work we did for him. F Chris k.

Maybe that money can come back to my family as Chris king didn't pay us for some construction work we did for him. F Chris k.

That was just the WF family taking care of him. Thank you for your donation.

Personally I'm glad to see that Andre decided to stick it out. I think that Manning will get more out of him than [Redacted] ever dreamed of.

Can we get a list of stuff that De man's echo chamber has actually gotten right this year?

just workshopping but this is the first billboard we're thinking of putting up:

z1ISWUK.png

So Washington is staying then- best to change the thread title if this is the case. He looks happy to still be a part of the team. Manning will coach him up.

Yes and yes. I remember my freshman or sophomore year Chris came back to campus driving his fancy Lexus. I don't think he knew who I was other than that I played football, but we hung out and had a blast. He was always extremely humble and generous. We lost touch but I heard he was having financial issues and gladly reached out to him to help. And I enlisted others to do the same.

That was just the WF family taking care of him. Thank you for your donation.

This was two years after he graduated, when he was playing European ball. Had a big ass house, fancy cars, but stiffed a lot of contractors.

Maybe Danny gave Dre a real wake up call. There's no question Dre can be a shot blocker. That's something either you have or you don't. It's almost impossible to teach. Maybe he needs to be pushed.

Dre does have decent feet and good hands. Maybe he needs outside motivation to create self-motivation. In the past mediocrity and worse permeated the program. Maybe the realization that isn't acceptable any longer is sinking in.

Maybe he does both summer school sessions to judge his situation. Next year begins with the Aug/Sept enrollment, right?

Maybe Danny gave Dre a real wake up call. There's no question Dre can be a shot blocker. That's something either you have or you don't. It's almost impossible to teach. Maybe he needs to be pushed.

Dre does have decent feet and good hands. Maybe he needs outside motivation to create self-motivation. In the past mediocrity and worse permeated the program. Maybe the realization that isn't acceptable any longer is sinking in.

Four "maybes" in one post, rj? That's rather equivocal for you!

Who knows how this situation shakes out, but we need tall players right now, and they would be wise to stay with Manning if his reputation for developing big men has any merit.

Back