• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

4th of July Thread

I might rage on the night of the 3rd of July so I can sleep in on the 4th. No idea what, if anything, I'll be doing on the 4th itself. It will definitely involve Bud Heavy in USA cans, even if I have to sit at home and drink them alone.

OFY. these cans make me wish i lived in the 1950's when it was perfectly acceptable to go beat a dude's ass cause you thought he was a commie.

wearing: blue/white striped sundress. red wedges
doing: boating/beaching/driving to raleigh (work the next day :rulz:)/finding fireworks in rals
drinking: bud light limes. not all that patriotic, but oh so refreshing.

i'll be in alaska sporting an american flag bandana.

those shirts are awesome. where'd you find them?

it's all about the shoes, goons. separates the men from the boys.

nike-lebron-9-low-gr-usa-01.jpg

Pit smoking 6 racks of ribs. Digging the pit tonight and tomorrow and then starting the smoking tomorrow evening around 10 for a good 16+ hr smoke.

16 hours? I dont even do whole hogs for that long.

If I can get my aunt and uncle's jet ski working, I'm taking it up the river exploring. May potentially smoke some ribs myself, but I havent made up my mind yet.

There will be about 500,000 at HB's 4th of July parade.

16 hours? I dont even do whole hogs for that long.

If I can get my aunt and uncle's jet ski working, I'm taking it up the river exploring. May potentially smoke some ribs myself, but I havent made up my mind yet.

Low temp & very indirect heat. Did it this way last Labor Day and they were the best we've ever done.

I've been celebrating the 4th for the last five days in Austin. How the fuck is it not here yet?

Also my buddies have the back-to-back shirts. Awesome.

I really want that Back to Back World War Champs shirt, but I am not willing to pay $35 for next day shipping. Poo.

It's challenging to keep a fire that low; we had to keep soaking the wood we were adding. It also gets more challenging as the night goes on and you gotta sleep in shifts. We may get lazy and do a more traditional 10-12 hr smoke if we're having too much trouble with temperature control (and also without my dad's supervision; he's the master in my family).

What are your plans this year, tsy?

What are your plans this year, tsy?

For the first time in a long time I wont have to take a firetruck to the local fireworks display, because they arent having them. All this talk of ribs, plus the BBQ Pitmasters Finale last night have got me in a hankering to do some ribs of my own. If I can get my aunt and uncle's jet ski working, I may smoke some ribs for lunch and then that afternoon head out on the river exploring and cutting up some waves. We thought about having people over, but we're having a tailgate party next month and decided to just hold off until then.

Yeah, after the womens football clinic. The details are still sketchy, but should start clearing up soon.

Back