• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

90 points to K State

When we had it at 2 with the ball, I thought we had this game. Then they proceeded to go on a 10-2 run.

K-State was older, stronger and frankly had more quality wins--and near wins-- than Wake. I saw this coming. On paper and on court they were the better team. We continued to be soft on defense and they are a well coached team.
I believe they will beat Cincy. If they can nearly beat Kansas at Kansas (and at KSU), they can handle Cincy.

After the second half performance against VPI I figured the defense couldn't get worse. It did. The Deacons showed their demons and played an entire game on D like the second half vs. VPI. 25 of 31 two point field goal attempts were successful. That's 80%. That's a number you can laugh at.

Someone on another thread suggested renaming the team the emon eacons. Just no D.

K-State was older, stronger and frankly had more quality wins--and near wins-- than Wake. I saw this coming. On paper and on court they were the better team. We continued to be soft on defense and they are a well coached team.
I believe they will beat Cincy. If they can nearly beat Kansas at Kansas (and at KSU), they can handle Cincy.

The guy who killed us on threes in the second half is a soph and they've been out of the tourney for a few years themselves. So it's not like they're a bunch of postseason veterans. We just played like crap.

I actually thought we could win the WV game. I was like five minutes into this one thinking- no chance.

Indeed, was quite shocked we pulled within one possession several times. Glad I was sipping a robust John Collins to dull the pain of frustration watching our _efense. Like being stuck in a bad dream you can't wake up from.

Back