• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

A Choose Your Own Adventure thread

I don’t want to start a boards feud here or anything, but Doug’s series of bad choices lead us here to the bottom of the crevasse with a broken leg. His anti-elf bigotry and rash and hasty drive to get the treasure as quickly as possible is what led us to fall off a cliff and be at the mercy of these fucking cats. Maybe let’s not listen to him on this cat decision.

I say we take the supplies and see if a better option comes along in the next two weeks.
I am in favor of taking the supplies.

I don’t want to start a boards feud here or anything, but Doug’s series of bad choices lead us here to the bottom of the crevasse with a broken leg. His anti-elf bigotry and rash and hasty drive to get the treasure as quickly as possible is what led us to fall off a cliff and be at the mercy of these fucking cats. Maybe let’s not listen to him on this cat decision.

I say we take the supplies and see if a better option comes along in the next two weeks.
Really, that is to say, I'm more than happy to leave the decision in your more-than-capable hands. Oh. So. Capable.

sexy-flirty.gif

I’d like to leave the option open to tame a beast later in this adventure if possible and we can’t do that with option 1, so I say option 2.

I do however suspect we may be susceptible to bandits considering our stuff is just scattered throughout the valley. Man I wish we hadn’t fallen. Where was the dex check?!?!?

Last edited:
I am in favor of taking the supplies.

images

I'm impressed that we have the power to eradicate pethood in its entirety, as implied by Option 1. Is that the limit of our magical abilities (which seems oddly specific)? If we can do that, can we magically heal our broken leg and stop eating beetles? I vote we take option two on the assumption we can conjure up a leg brace or some skittle-farting unicorn we can ride to claim our treasure.

I'm impressed that we have the power to eradicate pethood in its entirety, as implied by Option 1. Is that the limit of our magical abilities (which seems oddly specific)? If we can do that, can we magically heal our broken leg and stop eating beetles? I vote we take option two on the assumption we can conjure up a leg brace or some skittle-farting unicorn we can ride to claim our treasure.

I mean we are getting a fortnight worth of food

Better to die free than live as vassal to a cat

I spoke to my cat about our options earlier today. He first ignored me. Then, he turned his back to me and went back to sleep.

I take it that means we should pick option 1. Then again, his overall indifference could lean toward option 2. I really wish he had been a bit more specific.

This also crossed my mind. It's fucking rad this cat elected us EMPEROR OF HUMANITY.

In all seriousness, I kind of think we should pick option 1 just to see if we do actually have this power to bind all of humanity.

Let's think about what our friend (?) Osgilioph said again:
"if you make one decision that shows cleverness, which we value over all else"

We only have two choices. Does either seem particularly clever? Or is this a setup for the next decision after this one?

Back