• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

A rainy opening night?

BKF, in case you don't remember, here are some of your direct quotes from the beginning of the football season last year. You really nailed it:

"What I am wondering is who Clawson's ACC win this year will come against...assuming that he can get his one annual ACC win again this year. From the first week's games, my guess would be Virginia. The bigger question is will it be all FGs again or will Clawson's offense break thru and score a touchdown in this win."

"Clawson will probably never have a winning season at WF, but it's not all his fault."

He's going to keep moving the goalposts. There's something off with him mentally over the past year or two. He just keeps repeating himself like he never said it the first time.

Strange for a guy who consistently makes fun and wonders how people post so much to spend so much time on the same message board.

Last season's defense proves that, while it is difficult, WF can compete in the new ACC. Our defense was the product of development and coaching. We did not have the high level recruits that most of our competition had but we were more than competitive defensively. As is usually the case, our problem was depth and skill position talent. With an uptick in recruiting and with excellent coaching, we can narrow the gap.

If the present staff proves to be as good as it seems in spotting undervalued talent and developing that talent into ACC worthy players, we should pay them at an exceptionally high level. It is an exceptionally challenging job.

Good post. Kind of hard to say Wake can never compete when we had a top 25 defense last season nationally, and have ranked in the top 25 nationally on both sides of the ball in the past 10 years.

We won a conference championship 10 years ago, so you can say whatever you want to about it, but that's the reality. I'm sure you think it's "once in a lifetime", but it happened, and the goal is to make it happen again.

If Wake can't cut it in the ACC then neither can any of the other teams in NC can do it since they haven't won titles in 30+ years.

I said the 2006-08 three year run was once in a lifetime. And so far in WF's 64-year ACC football history that is what it has been....the only time WF had 3 winning seasons in a row. They also won an ACC championship 47 years ago.....so that has been twice in a lifetime. They are now 2 for 64 in winning ACC football championships.

And as for WF being able to compete against the other Big Four schools, this is our lifetime record:

vs Duke: 37-54-2
vs UNC: 32-67-2
vs NCSU: 38-66-5

Total: 107-187-9

And as far as ACC football championships go, Duke & NC State have won or shared 7 ACC championships and Carolina has won or shared 5 ACC championships.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/conferences/acc/

It's a completely different day and age than it was back then. The fact that each of the other schools in the state hasn't won a simple conference title in 25%+ of the conference's existence is more telling than what Wake has done. If you're kicking Wake out of the conference then you should be kicking out a lot of other schools too.

I said the 2006-08 three year run was once in a lifetime.

You also said Clawson wouldn't have a winning season at Wake...the same year that he had a winning season at Wake. You're very bad at sports predictions and analyses.

I said the 2006-08 three year run was once in a lifetime. And so far in WF's 64-year ACC football history that is what it has been....the only time WF had 3 winning seasons in a row. They also won an ACC championship 47 years ago.....so that has been twice in a lifetime. They are now 2 for 64 in winning ACC football championships.

And as for WF being able to compete against the other Big Four schools, this is our lifetime record:

vs Duke: 37-54-2
vs UNC: 32-67-2
vs NCSU: 38-66-5

Total: 107-187-9

And as far as ACC football championships go, Duke & NC State have won or shared 7 ACC championships and Carolina has won or shared 5 ACC championships.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/conferences/acc/

Troll the tunnels all you want but get the fuck off the sports board with your shit. Everyone is tired of hearing it. Please, just stop Bob.

Seems permanently wet and gloomy in Randleman.

Hopefully dry in W-S Thursday evening...

Those records are totally irrelevant or we'd have to think that U San Fran has to be considered a bball power. It won back-to-back NC.

BKF, would love to see the same stats you posted for just the last 15 or 20 years. Probably shows a much different picture.

the hourly prediction is:
Kick off 75 degrees with 25% chance of rain.
End of game 70 degrees with 35% chance of rain.

Cloudy with periods of rain. High near 75F. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 90%. Rainfall around a quarter of an inch.

Well, shit in a bag and punch it. That's not good for tailgating.

the hourly prediction is:
Kick off 75 degrees with 25% chance of rain.
End of game 70 degrees with 35% chance of rain.

Cloudy with periods of rain. High near 75F. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 90%. Rainfall around a quarter of an inch.

Well, shit in a bag and punch it. That's not good for tailgating.

Well, I'm confused.

Former is gametime. Latter is daytime.

Naturally, I took a half-day to tailgate in the rain just like last year.

Former is gametime. Latter is daytime.

Naturally, I took a half-day to tailgate in the rain just like last year.

Well, maybe it won't be as bad as they think. I'm just glad it looks like the potential for storms isn't that high, I don't need a couple hour game delay and then try to drag myself to the office Friday morning. Getting too old for that!

For those of you asking about television coverage, we will be on ACC Network Extra (at least for the first three weeks), which is a digital channel found on ESPN3 or WatchESPN.

Back