• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

A sad day for music fans...

redwing42

Reaction score
Oderus Urungus (aka Dave Brackie), the lead singer for GWAR, was found dead in his home Sunday.

http://wtvr.com/2014/03/24/gwar-founder-dave-brockie-found-dead-in-richmond-home/

The great ones are never truly appreciated in their time, but if even a few more people can be exposed to the musicality of GWAR, the world might be a better place.

I guess Ziggy's will be giving refunds for those of you that may have already bought tickets for their upcoming show in Winston.

RIP. I remember seeing them at Ziggy's in the mid-90's.

The Grammys have been dead to me since Annie Lennox beat out "Phallus in Wonderland" for best long-form of 1993.

Saw them first in 1986 as a freshman at VCU. They played a free show at Shafer Court on a Friday afternoon. Met Dave in 1994 while shooting a story on GWAR in Richmond. They lived on the top floors of a warehouse on Broad Street back then. Awesome dude, but very strange. Last saw them at a show at the Coliseum Annex. Sad day indeed. GWAR was a one of its kind band and experience.

That's a shame. I never got a chance to see them live but they had a great sound.

I appreciate good satire as much as the next dude, but what is the drug of choice for a Gwar fan?

That's a shame. I never got a chance to see them live but they had a great sound.

Same here... I kept saying to myself I was finally going to go see them each time they made it to Winston, but just never convinced myself to do it.

Was he gay or broke that he had a "roommate" at 50?

I threw away my participation trophies because they're bullshit.

Back