• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

A sad day for music fans...

For some reason I thought there was Gen Y followed by Millenials. Didn't realize they were the same group.

Regardless, I had a very sheltered musical upbringing as my parents listened solely to Oldies when I was growing up.

Same here... I kept saying to myself I was finally going to go see them each time they made it to Winston, but just never convinced myself to do it.

Yeah, they were always on my list of bands to see, but I never actually made it to one of their shows.

What a way to go. Eaten by dinasour while performing on stage.

140324212817-10-gwar-restricted-horizontal-gallery.jpg

If I ever become a rock star, I hope I don't have to wear a little halloween costume to get people to listen to my music.

Definitely one of the most fun and exciting shows you ever could've gone to. Campy and goofy as shit. Fake blood sprayed out and "maggots" (made from pasta) thrown around. Crazy shit. Saw them several times. Tipitina's in New Orleans around 89/90 was as good as it got. Here's a little something from a god to a slave...

If I ever become a rock star, I hope I don't have to wear a little halloween costume to get people to listen to my music.

Perhaps that was their schtick initially to get attention, but the fact is that they were very good songwriters and musicians as far as metal goes. There are a lot of acts who have done the same over the years and didn't command the same amount of respect from their fellow musicians.

Trust me, when I saw GWAR for the first time, all I could say was "what the fuck is that" Then I got drunk and said it again.

RIP

Back