• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC Men's Golf Championship

The ACC Championship needs to move from Old North State. I've heard that quite a few coaches are getting tired of GTech owning that place.

The ACC Championship needs to move from Old North State. I've heard that quite a few coaches are getting tired of GTech owning that place.

What's the history behind that place? It's in the absolute middle of nowhere, but I guess it's centrally located. I suspect they can get it cheap?

What's the history behind that place? It's in the absolute middle of nowhere, but I guess it's centrally located. I suspect they can get it cheap?

I have no clue on the history, but I was talking to one guy who said the community around the course was very accommodating by allowing teams to stay at their houses. That said, I assume you can find other golf communities who would do the same thing.

I doubt many decent public courses are lining up to close for friday to sunday, plus practice rounds, and get beat up for a college tournament almost no one even knows is being played.

Our teams have cratered down the stretch almost every year for what seems like forever. But in this case I wouldn't be as hard on them as you are. This is a really young team (because of poor recruiting until last year) and for them to get shaky in the final round of a 54 hole conference championship isn't all that surprising. You can also look at the front nine and be impressed. I choose to look at it as a glass half full.

esp with all the capital investments in the facilities, it's hard to see. but, perhaps brighter days are ahead.

I doubt many decent public courses are lining up to close for friday to sunday, plus practice rounds, and get beat up for a college tournament almost no one even knows is being played.

If the tournament moves, I'd be shocked if it wasn't to another McConnell golf property.

Women play at Sedgefield. What is McConnell's association with the ACC?

Nothing. With 1 exception, ACCs have been at ONSC since the mid 90s. It used to be a tough course, but not anymore. Teams tear it apart if the wind isnt howling. Its a great spot for the tournament, since all the teams stay in private houses, but yes its probably time for a new venue.

SEC Championship is played at Seaside Course at Sea Island, which is awesome.

If it's going to remain in NC, I'd like to see it in Pinehurst.

Women play at Sedgefield. What is McConnell's association with the ACC?

Nothing. With 1 exception, ACCs have been at ONSC since the mid 90s. It used to be a tough course, but not anymore. Teams tear it apart if the wind isnt howling. Its a great spot for the tournament, since all the teams stay in private houses, but yes its probably time for a new venue.

SEC Championship is played at Seaside Course at Sea Island, which is awesome.

And three of his kids went to Wake.

Sounds like coaches need to recruit some players that can beat GT. Everyone plays the same course. Surprised to see you say this,

We choked.

So they had a bad back nine & you got food caught in your throat as your ass was on the couch playing in your message board world.

Sorry to hear about your bad luck.

Lol we choked?

Yeah. No.

In the final round? Absolutely. We were 11 under on the front half and ended up shooting 3 over. So we went 14 over on about the last 12 holes. The worst round of the day was 8 over. That's a massive choke.

Last edited:
I've got a big in with Mc Connell golf, I'll have to check into it and see what the chances of moving are.

Back