• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC Tourney Championship if it meant another year of [Redacted]?

?

• First ACC Tourney championship since 1996

Votes: 93 65.5%
  • Fuck Jeff [Redacted], get him outta here

Votes: 49 34.5%

• Total voters
Of course. Finals vs. Bz would be a different story. Championships are forever.

A guaranteed 5 game winning streak?

Ok. Sign me up. Just don't win 2 or 3 more and then crap out over the weekend.

Grasping @ straws...odds of this happening is astronomical @ best.

Sorry for the hijack but I think a better question would be guaranteed finals appearance (no knowledge of outcome) for another year of Bz. I'd really have to think hard about that one.

I don't care who the coach is if we're winning games with them. If we won the ACC Tournament, it means [Redacted] did something no other Wake coach did since Odom. You play to win the game and winning the ACCT is winning some games.

I voted no. Not because I don't want our guys to succeed, but because a random 5 game winning streak wouldn't mean that we had turned a corner.

And honestly, if we were to do it, you know it would be more than one year.

of course.

the shock of it would probably kill K and Roy and we'd be able to take advantage of the power vacuum for a few years.

True fans want Wake to win, even if Bzz is the one at the helm. It doesn't mean they have to like him...

5 wins in 5 days is just so un-Bzzz like and unfathomable.

If lightning did strike and he did it, I'd put up with his hand clapping for one more year.

Why post a poll on something that is impossible? Why not have a poll that asks if you'd put up with Buzzdick for another year if you got to have sex with Scarlett Johannson? I have about as good a shot at sleeping with ScarJo as we do winning the ACC tourney. We could possibly beat Pitt because they've been sucking the last few weeks. But UNC will kill us because they're a whole lot better than they were early in the ACC season. Even if we somehow beat UNC, UVA would destroy us because they actually play defense. Even if we somehow beat UVA, then we'd face a Dick team ready for revenge for their horrible showing against us last week.

yep, my problem with Bz is that he doesn't win. at all. If he wins the ACCT and goes onto the NCAA (especially if he wins there) - I'm fine with another year to prove it wasn't lightning in a bottle.

lol, donks, of course it isn't gonna happen, but it's a hypothetical

we only have 4 acc tourney champs ever

ever

and still some people would say no to a trophy

amaaaaaazing

ACC Tournament for 1 more year of Bz? Yeah, of course. Assuming it's 1 more year, it goes like this one, and he's fired after that.

I'll remain apathetic through today. If we find a way to somehow beat Pitt and advance I'll obviously be rooting like hell for us to beat the Holes tomorrow.

In no circumstance will I ever not root for us to be those baby blue bastards.

A tourney win would buy him more than one more year. Assuming that is the case, easy decision for me. Luck boxing your way through a tournament you are automatically entered into followed by a probable first round NCAA loss is not worth the utter hopelessness for the next 5 or so years.

I voted no, but I guess if it's just one more year I could be swayed to vote Yes. Honestly, an ACC tournament win would probably mean at least a 3-year extension.

My problem is that the time is ideal for us to get rid of [Redacted]. We're probably the best job to be on the market, there are young local recruits that can be had with a new energetic coach, and I think the position will be in high demand.

Back