• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC Tourney Championship if it meant another year of [Redacted]?

?

• First ACC Tourney championship since 1996

Votes: 93 65.5%
  • Fuck Jeff [Redacted], get him outta here

Votes: 49 34.5%

• Total voters
Only if it was a garunteed 1 year. Ho0wever I believe an ACC tournament win would give him at least 2 more years. No way Wellman cans him prior to the senior year of the huge sophomore class one year off an ACC tournament win. Even if it was only 1 or 2 years we would still have to extend him several years past that, which would hamper our ability to pay the next guy. I voted no.

I can't imagine saying no to this. I'm convinced some people would say "no" to NCAA title v. keeping [Redacted].

"BUT THEN HE WOULD BE HERE FOREVER." Yeah but he would have an NCAA title. The argument against [Redacted] is that he can't win games and he can't win games consistently. If we win five games in a row to win the ACCT, yeah it's a little bit fluky but at the same time it provides some sort of objective counter to "he can't win games." He still has the consistency beef, but he would assuredly be back at that point and then we would see one more year at least of whether or not he could in fact win consistently. If he can do that, then he's a better coach than we all give him credit for and we can eat crow.

Of course the real reason this is a ridiculous proposition is because winning the ACCT (and five consecutive ACC games) flies in the face of all the facts we currently have about [Redacted] coached teams. Five wins in five days, four of which would need to come against likely tournament teams, would shift the paradigm rather substantially as far as [Redacted] goes. By that same token though, even this year Wake would win the ACCT three to five times out of a thousand just based on the sheer mathematical probabilities.

Can't believe this is even a question. And that 21 people have voted no. Are you kidding me?

I want [Redacted] gone precisely because I don't think he's capable of winning an ACC title. If he proves that wrong, then I think he should be allowed to stay. Doesn't seem that complicated.

You morons should just choose ACC championship because it's not going to happen and it makes outsiders think we're not insane.

You morons should just choose ACC championship because it's not going to happen and it makes outsiders think we're not insane.

yeah, but only 1/3 of us are insane. Pretty good for a collection of sports fanatics.

If we won the ACCT my head would explode and I would take Bzz out to a picnic on the quad and eat my crow right in front of him.

Can't vote on tapa, but I would say no. I'd love to see another ACCT title, but it's not worth another four or five years of Bzzz.

A tourney win would buy him more than one more year. Assuming that is the case, easy decision for me. Luck boxing your way through a tournament you are automatically entered into followed by a probable first round NCAA loss is not worth the utter hopelessness for the next 5 or so years.

Absolutely. Poll fail, as a championship would have him at Wake indefinitely, not one year.

In short, this proves that 30% of the Buzzout movement is certifiably insane because they would prefer to can the coach rather than hang a championship banner that we've only got 4 of over 60+ some years. Not surprised. Thought it would be more.

A tourney win would buy him more than one more year. Assuming that is the case, easy decision for me. Luck boxing your way through a tournament you are automatically entered into followed by a probable first round NCAA loss is not worth the utter hopelessness for the next 5 or so years.

This is where I'm at. A tourney win would be a nice feather in our cap, but it would be such a distorted reflection of our team and season.

I'd rather have a great basketball program and take our chances rather than hope to catch lightning in a bottle over five days.

Back