• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Adam Carolla on OWS (NSFW Language)

I don't know anyone who has a participation trophy. But I can tell you exactly where all my sweet COIN from WFRC is.

i've actually got 5 or 6 participation trophies for soccer.

i never felt like they were equal to a real trophy. old people are fucking dumb.

Too bad the current rowers don't have any. Freaking losers. Despicable. 34th place. I bet they partied afterwards. If I ever came in 34th, I'd fucking work harder. Shit.

i've actually got 5 or 6 participation trophies for soccer.

i never felt like they were equal to a real trophy. old people are fucking dumb.

Perhaps the real culprit is the rise of youth soccer

There is a lot of truth in that clip.

Outside of his feelings on soccer, I pretty much agree with everything Carolla ever has to say.

Any yeah Buckets he regularly crushes on youth soccer, you'd enjoy his podcasts.

timthumb.php

Shelves full of participation trophies. Shoeboxes full of 8th place swimming ribbons and participant soccer medals. A few coaches awards too!

I do have one coaches' award (two if you count a spike bag I got at the end of junior year). Not sure how I feel about that one, looking back. I ran just terrible times throughout high school. But I also pushed the actually talented people to the brink in practice, every single day.

I was born in 81, so the very end of X-ers and the birth of Millenials.

I can tell you that Adam Carolla is DEAD ON. Have you dealt with 21 year olds recently? I give them leeway for being young but jesus h caruso these kids are entitled little fucks.

We're doomed.

I was born in 81, so the very end of X-ers and the birth of Millenials.

I can tell you that Adam Carolla is DEAD ON. Have you dealt with 21 year olds recently? I give them leeway for being young but jesus h caruso these kids are entitled little fucks.

We're doomed.

Sincerely,

Cap'n Tub-O, 30 year old unmarried male who spends half his day on message boards posting right wing talking points, suggestions regarding his favorite Atlanta eateries, and diatribes about his favorite tv shows, and the other half searching for right wing talking points, eating at his favorite Atlanta eateries, and watching his favorite tv shows.

Fixed.

Sack up, Brasky. Sick of this PC bullshit around here. Go's a big boy (pun intended), he can handle a little self-reflection.

Works for me Shoo. Just making sure we we're playing by the same rules you godless communist.

I swam competitively as a kid among other sports and I had separate shoeboxes for my ribbons. I had a separate box for any ribbons that weren't in the top 3, and I hid that box so no one would ever find it. I hated the participation ribbons as a kid, or even anything outside of recognizing you were good at your craft. Who really wants a 5th place ribbon when there were only 12 racers?

Outside of the language there is a lot of truth in that rant. That is the trouble with OWS. The real message that would resonate with the American Public (Business/Government corruption) is being drowned out by the whiny voices of some college brats that want a drug rep job that makes 100k. It is a shame.

I swam competitively as a kid among other sports and I had separate shoeboxes for my ribbons. I had a separate box for any ribbons that weren't in the top 3, and I hid that box so no one would ever find it. I hated the participation ribbons as a kid, or even anything outside of recognizing you were good at your craft. Who really wants a 5th place ribbon when there were only 12 racers?

Outside of the language there is a lot of truth in that rant. That is the trouble with OWS. The real message that would resonate with the American Public (Business/Government corruption) is being drowned out by the whiny voices of some college brats that want a drug rep job that makes 100k. It is a shame.

Where do you keep your 2nd place ribbons from Intramural hoops?

:couch:

Back