• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Akeem Byrd recruiting story?

It was his positivity that blew everything up in SF.

He's just a hard charging, high energy guy. I doubt it was being incredibly negative or critical. He just demands a lot all the time. Probably just wore thin over time. At college, it likely works.

He's probably similar to that boss that never sleeps and is just constantly working, sending you emails all the damn time - 6 a.m.-midnight. Likely very effective but it wears on people.

Although the irony of people posting on this board that Harbaugh is too energetic when some of the same people complain about Grobe or Manning as not showing enough energy is not lost on me.

He's just a hard charging, high energy guy. I doubt it was being incredibly negative or critical. He just demands a lot all the time. Probably just wore thin over time. At college, it likely works.

He's probably similar to that boss that never sleeps and is just constantly working, sending you emails all the damn time - 6 a.m.-midnight. Likely very effective but it wears on people.

Although the irony of people posting on this board that Harbaugh is too energetic when some of the same people complain about Grobe or Manning as not showing enough energy is not lost on me.

No one is saying he's too energetic. That he's an asshole is the problem.

Do you guys even watch Michigan football? Harbaugh has a crazy amount of energy that he channels pretty positively. I can't think of a time watching him go off on a player. He was even pretty calm following the punter's mishandling of the ball in the Michigan State game, which literally caused Michigan to lose a game it had been winning the entire game.

I was sitting in the first row right behind the Stanford bench a few years ago when Andrew Luck & Co crushed us (the year after we beat then at Wake).
He is definitely engaged. He also gets his teams in phenomenal physical conditional and has everyone charged up the whole time. No slack allowed on his teams.
You may not like his style, but I'll bet he's very successful at UM.

Last edited:
Yet another problem with college football. $10 says Harbaugh goes off on that kid if he missed a potential gamewinner.

No, he won't. When Michigan's Australian punter, Blake O'Neill, fumbled the snap on a punt ... resulting in a game-ending, 38-yard touchdown by Michigan State ... Harbaugh was surprisingly supportive of the kid. Whatever the case, there is no question that Harbaugh marches to his own beat. Changing subjects, I'm guessing you already know, PhDeac, that Harbaugh was best man at your USF coach's wedding.

Harbaugh is awesome and was born to be a college coach. I assume you idiots hate Spurrier, beer and sundresses too

best post of the day

When we beat Stanford in Winston-Salem, Harbaugh would not shake hands with Grobe after the game. Also, at half-time, he was interviewed and made sarcastic and condescending remarks about the small stadium and crowd. The guy is an ass.

Great coaches can also be gigantic raging assholes. Just look on the sidelines of cameron indoor stadium.

Harbaugh is awesome and was born to be a college coach. I assume you idiots hate Spurrier, beer and sundresses too

Take out Spurrier and yes. (disgruntled Redskin fan)

He's a fucking classless douche bag.

Yanking that kid's scholarship without any prior notice was pretty shitty.

I was talking to a Michigan fan who said Harbaugh works in college because his intensity wears thin after 4 or 5 years. Any longer than that and it gets old particularly for professionals.

Well, that covers the players. If he wears thin on the athletic department, there will be great pressure on him to build a dynasty or he'll get Dino'd.

I was talking to a Michigan fan who said Harbaugh works in college because his intensity wears thin after 4 or 5 years. Any longer than that and it gets old particularly for professionals

I totally understand and agree with that.

Ref my comment above, some posters assumed that because I think he's a good college coach, that I like him. Incorrect.
I think he's a very good college coach........but also somewhat of a jerk. Coaches can be both at the same time.

Did Arkeem Byrd commit to Michigan or something? Start another thread on Harbaugh if his balls are in your mouth that much

Back