• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ALL PRAISE JOHN CURRIE FOR ACTING A YEAR TOO LATE

John Currie doesn't deserve the "fuck you" thread "yet"!!! I sure wish he was fired already though..

Does anyone actually think Currie wasn't smart enough to realize that he needed to fire Manning last year if the circumstances allowed it? I mean, fuck Currie? Come on. Be pissed at the situation - I am too. I am pissed too that I no longer pay attention to Wake basketball, but none of it is on Currie. NONE. You guys went to Wake Forest - you're smarter than that. I am the dumbest to ever matriculate at Wake - and I had the GPA to back up that claim - and even I know that. I absolutely trust John Currie. Blast away

Does anyone actually think Currie wasn't smart enough to realize that he needed to fire Manning last year if the circumstances allowed it? I mean, fuck Currie? Come on. Be pissed at the situation - I am too. I am pissed too that I no longer pay attention to Wake basketball, but none of it is on Currie. NONE. You guys went to Wake Forest - you're smarter than that. I am the dumbest to ever matriculate at Wake - and I had the GPA to back up that claim - and even I know that. I absolutely trust John Currie. Blast away

It is Currie's job to control the circumstances, plain and simple. If money was the issue, he needed to go raise it from boosters or get it from the general endowment. If the timing of a suitable replacement was the issue, then he needed to find an interim. If public image was the issue, then he needed to spin it. All of these things were not only within his control, they are a basic function of his job duties. And if one or more of them were so prohibitive that he literally could not fire him over the past season (which does not make sense as other schools do it all the time, but whatever), then the sonofabitch needed to explain that to the poor bastards who are still here and tell us exactly why Manning was still here, and put the blame on whatever Manning was doing to hold up the inevitable. Currie has failed miserably at all of that, such that we suffered through yet another lost season for no justifiable reason. And Manning is still here. Fuck Currie, he is no better than Wellman.

It is Currie's job to control the circumstances, plain and simple. If money was the issue, he needed to go raise it from boosters or get it from the general endowment. If the timing of a suitable replacement was the issue, then he needed to find an interim. If public image was the issue, then he needed to spin it. All of these things were not only within his control, they are a basic function of his job duties. And if one or more of them were so prohibitive that he literally could not fire him over the past season (which does not make sense as other schools do it all the time, but whatever), then the sonofabitch needed to explain that to the poor bastards who are still here and tell us exactly why Manning was still here, and put the blame on whatever Manning was doing to hold up the inevitable. Currie has failed miserably at all of that, such that we suffered through yet another lost season for no justifiable reason. And Manning is still here. Fuck Currie, he is no better than Wellman.

That's not how it works.

I'm not at the 'fuck Currie' level yet like some are, apparently...but if he can't get DM replaced and doesn't make a really good hire for MBB, then I'll probably join the coalition.

The real person we should all be eternally pissed at is Wellman. What a fucking idiot. Someone in W-S go rip down Wellman Way.

the Friday 5 pm news dump during corona central was the perfect time to announce he's staying. that we didn't put out a statement then gives me hope.

I'm amazed that there are some that thing Currie should have announced last year " I know he sucks and I would fire him for sure but I can't due to his contract".

I'm amazed that there are some that thing Currie should have announced last year " I know he sucks and I would fire him for sure but I can't due to his contract".

Why not? If Manning is being a dick by not resigning in shame as is warranted by his performance, then be a dick back to him. Again, show respect to everyone on the planet but the alumni/fans who actually still support the program is the Wake Forest basketball way.

If Manning is retained then Currie needs to be honest. We are only keeping him because we cannot afford to buy his ass out.

At this point I have zero faith in Currie as an AD. Has shown nothing so far. Hope that changes soon.

Wasn't Currie unemployed when we sought his services? To me, that always seemed a little suspect.

I have it on good authority that the 1 Billion in ENDOWMENT MONEY is kept in a strong room in the BOT's campus office, behind the infamous Vincent portrait. Curry has access, but is not using that money for some reason!

Why not? If Manning is being a dick by not resigning in shame as is warranted by his performance, then be a dick back to him. Again, show respect to everyone on the planet but the alumni/fans who actually still support the program is the Wake Forest basketball way.

If Currie did that - and was that unprofessional - then I would be posting a thread that said Fuck Currie. But his days as a athletic director and respected leader would be long over. As would our ability to hire a soul.

Manning has a contract. A very valuable one at that. It's absurd to put the blame on Currie as to why Manning won't resign. No sane person would resign. Nor would a sane person have inked Manning to that contract, but Wellman did. Currie is in a very difficult position.

Back