• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

anonymous NYT op-ed

Also my money is on Kirsten Njeilsen. If I recall correctly, she was thrown under the bus for the whole family separation policy. She would have a lot to gain from becoming a whistleblower (provided she actually comes out and publicly claims it).

I’d suggest it was Nikki Haley. The heavy focus on foreign policy issues in the op-ed makes me think it is someone at DOS. Haley has also had to directly contradict Trump on Russia publicly in the past.

Some one Military is a good guess too though.

Fuck this. These fucking people let this fucking fuck take over their fucking party and then let him fuck the country via the electoral college with help form the fucking Russians, but really they are the fucking quiet fucking resistance? Fuck this. They got their fucking Justices and their fucking tax cuts so it was all totally worth it. Hallelujah! Holy shit! Where's the Tylenol?

This. Anybody who is still supports this circus - in any way, shape, or form - a damn coward.

I’d suggest it was Nikki Haley. The heavy focus on foreign policy issues in the op-ed makes me think it is someone at DOS. Haley has also had to directly contradict Trump on Russia publicly in the past.

Some one Military is a good guess too though.

She's certainly someone likely to build her brand from her #passiveresistance.

This held Trump. The op-ed didn't claim anything that wasn't widely believed, and the anonymity still gives Trumpers the leeway to scream "fake news"! At the same time, Trump now can vaguely blame his underlings when something doesn't go right, and his base will believe him (maybe this part was inevitable, but still).

The 25th amendment speaks in terms of the president having the “inability” to perform his duties. Trump is an imbecile, no doubt, but even on his worst day, he doesn’t satisfy that standard. So you throw the country into turmoil, have Trump fire his cabinet, and then Congress concludes he’s not “unable” to do his job? What does that gain? I agree that writing an anonymous op-ed is the wrong call, but invoking the 25th amendment would be a huge mistake at this juncture.

What do you think would not be a huge mistake at this juncture?

The 25th amendment speaks in terms of the president having the “inability” to perform his duties. Trump is an imbecile, no doubt, but even on his worst day, he doesn’t satisfy that standard. So you throw the country into turmoil, have Trump fire his cabinet, and then Congress concludes he’s not “unable” to do his job? What does that gain? I agree that writing an anonymous op-ed is the wrong call, but invoking the 25th amendment would be a huge mistake at this juncture.

I agree. It would be perceived as a coup.

I think I agree. WTF is the point of the op-ed?

It’s just going to ratchet up the crazy.

Anyone with a brain already could see we have a megalomaniac with the maturity of a toddler in the WH.

The op Ed is going to make things worse, not better. It strengthens Trump's willingness to take autocratic actions and weakens the ability of his advisors to contain him. Anyone advising him not to, say, bomb Canada will be accused of being the deep state leaker.

Pulitzer Prize Winner Glen Greenwald calls out “Unelected Cabal”

https://www.breitbart.com/big-journ...hind-anonymous-op-ed-part-of-unelected-cabal/

Clark Greenwood: “Trump may be a threat, but so is this covert coup to impose these policies.”

So your boy Clark acknowledges Trump is probably a threat. Interesting.

Anyway, I agree with 923 and others here. The op-ed is like saying the sky is blue. This person thinks they’re helping by signaling the American people that “all is well!!!!” when in reality they’ve just emboldened Trump.

Trump should feel emboldened. He’s accomplished more in 2 years than Obama was able to in 8

The man is a doer

Glenn Greenwald

@ggreenwald
The irony in the op-ed from the NYT's anonymous WH coward is glaring and massive: s/he accuses Trump of being "anti-democratic" while boasting of membership in an unelected cabal that covertly imposes their own ideology with zero democratic accountability, mandate or transparency

Back