• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Anonymous Rep Now Public!

What should we do with rep?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Indifferent but if it goes public you might as well just match neg reps because for every neg rep given, the person who receives it will send it right back.

Thanks for waiting for me to get my deacon before this was put to a vote!

I think it should be public, for reasons already listed above.

You have a whole Deacon head now? Jeez, I am so impressed.

Had a dream last night that the whole world had anonymous rep capabilities. I went around rep'ing everything I saw, both positive and negative. Some woman got really mad when I gave neg rep about her son being a fatty. The kid was literally just eating an birthday cake with his hands.

This dream just tells us all how much you want to eat birthday cake right now. Freuded.

We've only had one other poll on this subject started by the mod team for feedback purposes that happened shortly after the board's creation. It's obviously been a major topic of discussion though, and with a year under our belts we thought it appropriate to re-check the pulse of the boards on this issue.

The problem with just outing/warning people is that 1) It's time consuming to constantly police rep in that way and 2) It can be fairly subjective as to when a line has been crossed in many cases.

Just confirm it was mooooonz trolling on the drunk driver thread

PM please

I say just get rid of rep entirely. If we can't get rid of it, let's just make it public and everyone keeps their rep. All anonymous historical rep get outed. What's the big deal?

My vote would be to get rid of it altogether. I think it's pretty stupid and I couldn't care less what anonymous people on an internet message board think of my anonymous internet message board persona. That said, I don't really care all that much because I don't pay much attention to it or care what my rep is. So I guess for all of you who get off on giving anonymous neg rep, fire away if it makes you feel good.

I neg rep'd DV7 but I included my name. In return, she neg reps me and declares neg rep war. I am now coming onto this thread to bitch about it and have thus derailed this thread.

Foreshadowing?

If you get your 11 year old girl panties in a wad about someone anonymously commenting on the dumb shit you post anonymously, then you need to get a job or a life or both.

Keep it anonymous. If someone has that big of a self esteem deficit, let them stop posting here and go somewhere where they can be swaddled, given a bottle, and told everything is going to be okay for ever and ever.

Jesus what a bunch of pussies.

girl_crying.jpg

800px-Crying-girl1.jpg

girl-crying.jpg

girl-crying.jpg

GirlCrying.jpg

Last edited:
The major changes everyone will notice if we make rep public are: you'd obviously be able to see who reps you, and all rep counts will be reset to zero. There is no way to keep the previous reps anonymous if we do go public, so it will all be erased.

Why do we have to keep the previous reps anonymous? I'm not a big repper but I'd like to see who gave me all the neg rep.

Indifferent but if it goes public you might as well just match neg reps because for every neg rep given, the person who receives it will send it right back.

Not necessarily. I don't think I've re-repped any of the people who signed their rep. That doesn't mean I didn't want to, just that I didn't.

Get rid of it, just to piss off TAB. Either way - I could care less, but I think the whole thing is kind of stupid.

So now TAB is crying like a little girl about people crying like little girls.

TAB doesn't have the E peen to make such bold statements.

TAB has just outed himself as a serial anonymous neg-repper. Seriously, we just out all the prior neg reppers too.

I neg rep'd DV7 but I included my name. In return, she neg reps me and declares neg rep war. I am now coming onto this thread to bitch about it and have thus derailed this thread.

Foreshadowing?

SHE?!?!

Neg rep.

Just get rid of it. Between all the whiners who get their panties in a bunch every time someone calls them a bad word in rep and all the cowardly douchebags who use the system to leave abusive, personal, and irrelevant rep, it's pretty obvious a substantial portion of posters here simply can't handle reputation and we're better off without it.

I say just get rid of rep entirely. If we can't get rid of it, let's just make it public and everyone keeps their rep. All anonymous historical rep get outed. What's the big deal?

My suggestion is simply to get rid of neg rep. We'd still have some sort of poster ranking system that everyone would be able to participate in (ostensibly the purpose of rep in the first place), hopefully without things getting too abusive or negative.

Otherwise, I'm on board with getting rid of rep entirely.

Pointing out crying is not crying. I get tons of neg rep. Some is well deserved. Lots of it either doesn't make sense or is someone mistakenly negging me because they think I negged them. Either way who cares? If this place is anything more than a diversion for anyone, then I dunno what to say.

Read it, don't read it, whatever. Move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back