• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Anonymous Rep Now Public!

What should we do with rep?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm all for making neg rep public and leaving rep history up. The only thing I have to hide is a shit ton of anon neg rep I've left for THE_DEUCE, because he is a joke of a poster and it's funny when he has like triple posts saying "MAN UP YOU PUSSIES" in response to his rep. Actually, making rep public would take that hilarity away from me, so now I'm pretty conflicted.

Neg Rep and Pos Rep are both dumb and it should just be done away with. The only real positive is so Keeper and TheReff are easily identified as being absolutely awful because of 10 red bars. Though neg rep can sometimes be entertaining and hilarious when people care so much about it. I give a lot of anonymous neg rep when I lurk the politics board because that place speaks for itself and deserves to be trolled. I also neg rep anyone in the red because if you got to red I feel like you deserve to stay there. Anyone that complains about a neg rep usually gets one.

I'm all for making neg rep public and leaving rep history up. The only thing I have to hide is a shit ton of anon neg rep I've left for THE_DEUCE, because he is a joke of a poster and it's funny when he has like triple posts saying "MAN UP YOU PUSSIES" in response to his rep. Actually, making rep public would take that hilarity away from me, so now I'm pretty conflicted.

Who of us hasn't anon neg repped parodies to get them outed?

I haven't seen a good argument yet for why we should keep negrep. The derailing one doesn't make sense because most people end up posting about their negrep anyway. Plus if you wouldn't want your name on it in a negrep, you wouldn't post about it in a thread anyway.

I for one want to know what poster "neg rep pussy" thinks about all of this pomp and circumstance

Why do we have to keep the previous reps anonymous? I'm not a big repper but I'd like to see who gave me all the neg rep.
Because they were posted under the belief that they were and would remain anonymous. Outing them now would be bad for business.

I voted to keep it anonymous though I'm not sure why. I say make it public. I like the idea of keeping it anonymous but as buckets said there are too many assholes that want to be big tough guys.

Because they were posted under the belief that they were and would remain anonymous. Outing them now would be bad for business.

Not sure what you mean. No one should have any expectation of privacy here. It's a public message board. We are all aware that mods can view the rep and can out people virtually upon request. We've also seen people post PMs. We are all adults. If you make a comment (whether it's said in a post, in a PM, or or in a rep) you need to stand by it.

Not sure what you mean. No one should have any expectation of privacy here. It's a public message board. We are all aware that mods can view the rep and can out people virtually upon request. We've also seen people post PMs. We are all adults. If you make a comment (whether it's said in a post, in a PM, or or in a rep) you need to stand by it.

PM's always have the author attached. Anonymous negrep is done under the assumption that it is going to remain anonymous. I doubt people would say half of the things they say if they knew their name was attached to it.

If we do away with anonymous rep, we are deleting all reputation and starting fresh.

I've said it before, but if you want to anonymously leave a little red dot in response to a post, that's fine.

If you want to leave a comment with that red dot, you should have to leave your name.

The only reason to leave an anonymous neg rep comment is because you lack the balls to sign your name. For a board that was started in part due to the belief that the old board was too pussy, it's curious that it would choose to protect pussy behavior.

I've said it before, but if you want to anonymously leave a little red dot in response to a post, that's fine.

If you want to leave a comment with that red dot, you should have to leave your name.

The only reason to leave an anonymous neg rep comment is because you lack the balls to sign your name. For a board that was started in part due to the belief that the old board was too pussy, it's curious that it would choose to protect pussy behavior.

POS REP...good idea

POS REP...good idea

Unless you guys want to code this into the reputation system, this isn't happening. It's all or nothing.

Keep Rep! Make it public! Haters gonna hate, ballers gonna ball.

For realz tho, the rep system is one of the things that seperates this board from others I post on. I like the feedback cause I think it makes seem like more of a community. You say something stupid, thats a chop.

This is exactly why I'm so confused about protecting the people who have left anonymous rep in the past.

This is something only a ginger would say!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back