• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Another Greensboro Sports page post on Wake / Buzz

He is plugged into the local high school scene. His acc reporting usually has an Greensboro link to it, like the PJ Harriston story and it is usually good stuff. Regarding this, I would have just posted it in a thread, if it didn't have the comment about the boosters and RW. I haven't heard that scenario and I was wondering if any of the insiders had.

FYI Here's the comment from "Matt":

matt said,

Wellman wants to keep him.

Big boosters want him out.

Administration tells boosters. Come up with money through donations to buy him out.

Boosters respond. We will do that if Wellman goes too.

This might get interesting.

Boosters respond. We will do that if Wellman goes too.

Good lord, can anyone confirm this? Would be something if Wellman got canned while sitting at the scorers' table at some first round site.

And if there is any truth to Wellman wanting to keep Bz, he needs to go yesterday.

There is no way we'd get rid of Wellman. He's at the forefront of the national sports scene. I wish we could get compensation if we traded him to another NCAA school. THis is such a mess.

I want so bad for this to be true. Not just getting rid of Bz, but the bit about boosters telling Ron to go fuck himself. It's time we start running the WF AD like the high-major program it is.

If the buyout is really that big then Wellman should be fired for the worst fucking contract on the worst fucking hire in history.

For all we know, Bz's buyout may have gone to $0 in year four. Has he ever signed an extension, or is this the original contract?

Back